Chapter 4

Dedicated to ChocolateWonders for making me such an amazing cover<3

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela's POV

"Morning, beautiful. You look as gorgeous, as always." He mumbled in my ear softly.

"Thanks for the compliment. But tell me, do you have any intention of giving up?" I countered. He just smiled.Oh God, that smile. Get a freaking grip, Ann, and stop thinking about how good the guy looks.

"I don't get you, angel. Tell me you’re just playing hard to get." He whispered as quietly as he could. It didn't help that our Biology teacher was glaring at us.

"For you? Nah. I wouldn't bother to go through all that trouble, ever." I muttered.

"You're dating someone from another school, is that it?" He continued asking. Really? That was the best thing he could think of?

"Maybe it hasn't gotten through your thick skull, but I don't date. And you're not hot enough for my standards." I hissed. When I looked up, I realised that everyone in class, with the exception of Mrs Williams, was staring at us, clearly focused on our conversation. What had I done?

But I really didn't care. You should have seen the look on his face. Boy, it was priceless. He was just so shocked. The bell rang and I swiftly got up from my seat. I bet he didn't see that coming. This was the start of a beautiful day.

I could tell that he still hadn't recovered from that blow. In fact, everyone noticed that he wasn't talking to me as much. A couple of perfectly beautiful girls, namely the Cheerleading Squad, tried to console his bruised ego.

"Archer, baby, ignore what the freak said." Giselle, the captain of the cheerleading team soothed. She used this as the perfect opportunity to practically sit on his lap while ruffling his hair. Giselle spent the last 15 minutes hurling not so subtle insults at me. This was just hilarious.

"She's just jealous." She continued, cooing in his ear. That was when I couldn't take it anymore. I just had to say something, and I didn’t care what it was.

"Hello, earth to Barbie. Why in the world would I be jealous of a guy? Especially if the guy happened to be Archer Harrison?" I smirked.

"Omigod, you freak. I actually don't believe you just said that." She shrieked.

"I just did, babe. Why, are you deaf as well as mentally impaired?" I countered. Honestly, I felt like ripping her dyed hair out of her head.

Thank god my AP World History teacher walked in just then. I just couldn't stand these idiots that had surrounded my table earlier. Really, it just made me wonder if some people had brains. If there was one thing I knew about Archer, it was that whatever I’d just said wouldn’t have bruised his ego at all.

 I caught him looking at me halfway through class.

"What?" I mouthed, when I saw something flash in eyes. He gave me one of his gorgeous smiles and continued doing his work.

                                                                              *****

"Good shot, Wilde." Coach Lynch complimented. I continued shooting hoops without missing a single one of them.

Today, we had gym for first period and Coach had us playing basketball, something that I could play relatively well without looking like a fool. She let us practise shooting and throwing as a warm-up before letting us pair up. Usually, I’d pair up with Vic but she was home, sick.

"You're good, Angel." I heard someone say.

"Thanks. Wait—did you call me Angel?" I spun around to greet Archer’s smug face.

"I like it and it's going to stay.” He finished.

"Whatever." I shrugged and rolled my eyes. Damn. He was persistent and undeniably hot.

Scratch that last part.

"I'm willing to cut you a deal." He offered. My curiosity piqued instantly."Me versus you.10 minutes. The person that shoots the most number of times, wins. If I win, you'll go out on a date with me."

"What if I win, Harrison?" I questioned.

"I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you. But hey, if it makes you happy, if you win… I'll leave you alone." He finished. I thought hard, trying to weigh the pros and cons and the possibility of myself winning.

"Scared to lose Angel?" He taunted playfully." Scared? In your dreams, Harrison. I'm in".

I scored the first point. But over the next few minutes, I found out that he was just as talented as I was. Before I knew it, we were both tied and were down to the last minute. I dodged all his blocks and made my way to the hoop. We were standing so close barely an inch apart.

"So, I'm not hot enough for you, Angel?" He asked, his voice turning husky while he grabbed my waist.

"What the freaking hell? Th-That's a foul!" I stammered."

No babe. What I'm going to do now is a foul." He leaned into me, his lips about to meet mine. That's when he snatched the ball from my hands and shot it into the hoop. The bell rung , sealing my future.

"Well, it looks like someone owes me a date." He concluded cheerfully.

"You cheated, Harrison." I rebutted in my most civilised tone.

"Angel, darling. The deal was that one of us wins. I didn't say anything about being fair. I'll pick you up Friday at 6. Hope you like Italian." He winked.

Oh God. Please tell me that he didn’t just do that. Man, did he get on my nerves. I swore to make sure that he regretted ever provoking me. If he was going to play dirty, I’d play dirty as well. Hope he's ready for what he started because it wasn't going be pretty.

I trudged home, fuming about what happened in school earlier. He struck when he knew I wasn't focused. At the doorstep, I rummaged through my bag to locate my keys, realising that my phone that was ringing.

"Oh my goodness, Angela Carmen Wilde, I don't believe that you said that Archer Harrison wasn’t hot!" Victoria’s voice screamed into my phone. How did she—oh wait, wrong question.

"Bye, babe!" I greeted and cut the call. I ran up to my room, plugged in my headphones and plopped onto my bed. I really had no energy to do anything but sleep. I woke up a few hours later to my phone's ringtone.

"What do you want Vic?" I asked groggily as I read the name on my caller I.D.

"You forgot, didn't you, Ann?" She accused. "I’ll spare you this once, since I was home sick anyways. We're going shopping!” She answered in a chirpy voice.

"I'll be down in 10." I replied with a yawn.

As if my life didn’t suck enough.