Chapter Twenty Eight

I heard the front door open and close as I was getting the rest of my things together and I immediately froze and listened to what was happening in the living room.

My room was too far away so I made my way out the door and stood at the end of the hallway so I could hear better. It was Louis and someone else, maybe two other people.

I peeked my head around the corner.

Oh thank god

It was Zayn and Liam.

"Fucking hell you guys scared the living shit out of me," I turned the corner, walking over to Louis.

"Harry we need to leave very soon," he looked serious, "the lads are coming with us, don't trust anyone,"

"Oh," I walked back to my room to get my bag, wondering what he meant.

This all felt unreal. It felt less scary than it should be. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion.

I stuffed a few rolls of cash that I had under my bed into the backpack and hoped it would be enough for me until we could find a reliable ATM.

As I came back into the living room Louis handed me a black zip up jacket that was too big for the both of us.

"It's Liam's," he answered my unasked question and asked me to put it on.

They talked amongst themselves as we walked out of the apartment. I took one last look at everything I was leaving behind as we walked out the door. I didn't know if we would ever be back in my perfectly decorated house again.

I didn't know if I would ever see the perfect shade of purple that took me weeks to find ever again.

I didn't know if I would ever be back to get the finished cake out of the oven.

I didn't know if I would ever be back to clean up the mess I had made in my bedroom.

I didn't know what would happen to all my pictures and keepsakes I had in that cozy little apartment.

"Guys wait," I picked up my pace a little bit and tried to keep up. I had fallen behind thinking about what was happening. It was starting to hit me and a feeling of dread had begun seeping into my chest like a corrosive open wound.

They didn't seem to hear me and were talking about something. They mentioned hotel rooms and flights or cars or something.

I grabbed the back of Louis' shirt to try to get him to explain what they are talking about to me but all he did was turn around and give me a quick smile and a sweet 'It'll be okay love,' before returning to his frantic conversation with the other lads. They didn't say anything else to me.

"I deserve to know what's going on!" I nearly shouted at them as we reached the parking lot of the building.

They finally turned around after that, the two lads flanking Louis looking at me wide eyed like they didn't know how to respond.

"Given that this involves a large portion of my life I think it's fair for you to clue me in on a few of these details you all are discussing up there,"

Louis blinked at me a few times. He wasn't sure how to respond either.

I've never really snapped at Louis but right now I can't seem to understand why he would leave me out of something like this.

"Do you have a car harry?" Is the only answer I received.

"No Louis I do not have a car," I answered through gritted teeth.

"Well we are trying to figure out a mode of transportation at the moment," he explained, "that's what we are talking about,"

"I don't need you to talk down to me," I replied. His tone had been condescending, "I know youre probably stressed or scared right now, but I'm probably a little more scared right now,"

"No Harry I'm actually feeling really guilty because I made a wager with your fucking life,"

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows and stopped walking, "You made a wager with my life?"

Louis stopped too and Liam and Zayn awkwardly stood behind him and acted like they weren't listening to our conversation.

"I told my dad I could get him a replacement for you and he said if I couldn't do it in 7 days it would be your life,"

"Why," I didn't know how to ask what I was thinking, "why would you even agree to that?" What was even going through his mind.

"I didn't want to agree but that's what he told me and then he kicked me out of his office and had his goons follow me,"

I took a deep breathe and I started backing away. I should have never gotten involved in this industry. It seemed so convenient when I was younger but it's such a big mess now I can't deal with this right now.

"I've got to go Louis," I started walking in the other direction, I just wanted to be away from them right now I wanted to be alone.

"Harry wait," I heard footsteps behind me and I knew he would catch up to me.

"Please don't do this," Louis begged me as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You bet my life on something and it looks like you didn't come through," I shook his arms off me and kept walking in the other direction.

I didn't hear his footsteps until I was about 50 feet in front of him.

"Harry please come back," he wasn't going to give up and I knew eventually I would turn around and go further out of town with him, but right now I was going to keep walking down this sidewalk and take a minute to breathe. I sure as hell need it.

"Harry?" He asked one more time.

Right as I turned around to tell him I would come with him, I felt arms wrapping around my torso and a cloth over my mouth.
-------------------------------------------------

(This chapter has been rewritten as of 10-10-17) OLAY ITS EITHER ONE OF THESE

AU where Harry is like stranded on a island whatever and Louis is an explorer guy bc fuck logic

AU where Harry runs a company and Louis comes to work for him as Harry's public face.

AU where they're teachers and Louis hates Harry bc he's always loud and disrupts Louis' class