Chapter Eighteen

Harry

"I love you," the words left Louis' mouth as we laid in bed, his arms wrapped around me.

I'm glad I was facing away from him because my eyes widened, my breath caught in my throat.

He loves me. Louis loves me.

It took me a moment to process it, the silence causing Louis to ask me if I were alright.

"Yes," I turned around and pressed my lips to his, the stubble poking at my chin, "Of course I'm alright,"

"You don't have to say it bac-"

"I love you," I cut him off.

Maybe I did love Louis.

It's a possibility I hadn't really considered.

I hadn't considered love at all. If I did love Louis, it'd be pretty one sided.

I'd be loving him and he'd be loving a lie.

The thought of that, the thought that Louis didn't love me he loved the image I had created, the thought knocked the wind out of me. I couldn't breathe.

I stopped thinking about it, ceasing the wheezing cough I had started.

"Are you alright?" Louis sat up next to me, placing his hands on my back.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I blinked at him, trying to keep the tears out of my eyes. He'd surely make me explain if I did something as humiliating as cry.

I definitely do love Louis. I hadn't realized it, but I do love him. I can't lose him. Especially over a lie. This lie can't go any further.

"Hey, do you want to go out to dinner sometime this week?" He asked me, twirling my hair around as we laid back down.

"Yeah, that'd be great," I answered, enjoying the feeling of his hands lightly pulling at my hair every once in a while.

It was getting longer, but I liked it.

"Hey, Lou," I started, "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, anything," he leaned over so he could look me in the eyes.

This is it. This is when I tell him.

I opened my mouth, but I couldn't make a sound. I froze.

"I, uh," I tried to explain, but I couldn't, "I'm not a virgin," I finished.

At least it wasn't another fucking lie.

"Oh," he smiled, "Thanks for telling me baby," he placed a kiss to my lips and laid back down.

"Yeah, uh, sure," I closed my eyes and wanted to hide from everything. This would be so easy if I could quit my fucking job all together, if I didn't love dancing with a passion.

As we laid there, Louis' arms wrapped around me, it was impossible to think about anything else besides the inevitable doom of our relationship.

There wasn't a way this could work out. I've lied to him so much.

"What do you want to do today?" He tightened his grip on me and took a deep breath. He had stayed the night last night, so his bare chest pressed against my back.

"I have to go in to work early today, around 4-ish, I'm going to tell my boss I'm quitting," I blinked, "but until then, whatever you want to do is fine,"

"Why are you quitting?"

"Uh," I didn't really expect him to ask, "I don't really like the environment, I've got a job lined up at a different bar across town,"

"Oh, I liked the one you work at now," he laughed, "Where's the new place?"

Why do you ask so many fucking questions, Louis?

"Oh, you probably don't know it," I tried to end the conversation.

"I'm actually very educated on the bars and clubs in this town," Louis flicked an eyebrow at me like I was challenging him.

"Oh, it's some little place on fourth-"

"Fuck," he rolled onto his back.

"What?"

"Nothing, my dad just really hates that place," he laughed, "Probably wouldn't be too pleased to know I'm dating someone who works there,"

"Really?" I asked. If he really wanted me to not take the job I wouldn't, but I would really rather work at The Fourth. That's what it's called. It's beyond stupid, but the environments good from what Cara told me.

"Yeah, at least you're not a dancer." He wrapped his arms around me, "That would drive him bat shit crazy!"

"Oh," I joined in on his short laughter nervously, "Yeah, good thing,"

"I have to go soon," I sighed into his chest.

"I know baby," he breathed into my hair and held me tighter, "I don't want you to go. When you leave, all I have left to do is mentally abuse my friends," I could hear they mock-sadness in his voice.

I know he really enjoys his friends company, even though he often tells them otherwise.

"But you're quitting, yeah?" He changed the subject, scooting down so he could look me in the eyes, "are you handing in a two weeks or just walking out?"

"Well I've already got another job lined up so I'm just going to quit. They don't really need me anyways, they've got other dan- bartenders."

"Oh, well in that case that should be fun," he winked, "You want to go to that dinner tomorrow-ish?" He asked.

"Yeah that sounds great, maybe," I smiled back at him. Hopefully I would get a day off.

"Amazing, love. I'll pick you up around 4-5ish," he kissed the top of my head and let me cuddle back into his chest.

"Tomorrow should be fun," he added right as I relaxed.

"Oh yes," I smiled to myself. I've got some things planned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LORD I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN UEARS OMG IM SO SORY PLS DONT HATE ME THIS IS SHORTER ISH AND IT SUCKS OM SORRY ITS JUST A FILLER UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER BC I WANTED THEM TO LOVE EACHOOTHERR OK BYE