Chapter 9: Run.

-----------------------------
(F/N) Your Name
(L/N) Last Name
(Y/YT/N) Your Youtube Name
(H/C) Hair Color
(E/C) Eye Color
(F/C) Favorite Color
(Italics) Thoughts
(Bold) Author's Note
----------------------------

"(F/N) what's wrong?" Max asked, clearly seeing the worry on my face.

I put my phone in my purse. "Can we go? I don't feel so good." I said standing.

"Yeah... I guess." Max held my hand and we walked to the car.

Once we were far enough away I kept checking the mirror making sure we weren't being followed.

"You aren't lying to me are you? I don't care what happened but you seemed fine before you checked your phone." Max sighed a little stressed.

"Promise you won't freak out?" I asked. He nodded. "I got a text from my ex." I shook in my seat thinking off the message.

"What's so bad about that?" Max sounded a bit relaxed after.

"It was a picture of you and I from far away... a few moments ago." I whispered. Max almost stopped the car.

"Why didn't you just say that then?" Max asked a little... mad.

"I don't know. I was scared. What did you want me to say? 'Oh hey Max I think my ex is stalking me can we leave?' I didn't know if he could hear us. I thought he was still in California." I slumped back into the seat.

"I-I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?" Max asked apologetically.

"Stay the night with me?" I asked meeting his eyes for a second.

"Okay. I'll have to stop at my apartment real quick. I'll grab some clothes. Will that be okay?" He asked holding my hand and squeezing it, reassuring me I would be okay.

"Yeah. As long I have you I'll be okay." I smiled.

I watched as the blurred lights of the city sped by. Holding Max's hand made my heart beat faster and faster. I was afraid he would hear the radical beat of my heart. Slowly the rain fell and it began to pour.
Around nine we got to Max's apartment. He asked if I wanted to come in. I hesitantly followed him up the stairs and into the cozy apartment. I went inside and sat on the couch. Ross walked in and about jumped out of his skin.

"Geez! You scared me (F/N). What are you doing here this late?" Ross asked taking deep breaths.

"Waiting for Max to grab some of this things. He's going to stay the night at my house." I laughed a bit at how easily Ross was scared.

"Why?" Ross asked intrigued, he plopped on the couch next to me.

"Just... want to hang out I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay. Well have fun! I'm going to bed. Night (F/N)!" Ross smiled walking down the hallway.

"Night Ross." I smiled waving as he skipped down the hallway to his room.

As I sat alone in the living room my whole body shook with fear. I could've sworn He still lived in California. That was the last place we spoke... before I moved to Washington. Max walked out and tapped me on the shoulder snapping me out of the trance.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I stood up and we walked back to his car.

I couldn't wait to get home... where I would be safe.

Right?