Chapter 1: The color of snow

Start from the beginning

"Oh really? Remember when I slept at your place? You were sleep talking! You were saying how Gray - “ Before Seven could even say anything else, I put my hand in front of his mouth to shut him up. He continued on trying to speak making his saliva fill my hand - ew.

"Shut up, Seven!" I said to him, almost shouting. I looked around to see if anybody noticed us. "Fine! I have a crush on him. You don't have to tell everyone about it!"

"Aha! I caught you! You weren't even sleep talking that night. I was just trying to - OW!" I punched him mid-sentence. "What did you do that for?!"

"You're a sick bastard, Seven! You're my best friend! Best friends don't trick each other!"

"And best friends don't do physical damage to each other."

"Well, you deserved it!"

With my day starting at such a low note, I was hoping it would get better and thankfully, it did. I never saw Quinn again which was what I was hoping for. Seven and I, on the other hand, reconciled during lunch. He even treated me to a Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwich. How sweet! Aside from those, nothing much happened.

"Let's go home, Sev!" I told Seven, as we got out of the school.

"I forgot to tell you earlier, Snow. For this semester, I will be living with Dad," he answered.

Seven's Mom and Dad separated 3 years ago. His Mom decided to stay with his grandparents, who lived near us while his Dad stayed in the city. Since both parent didn't want the other parent to take custody of Seven, they decided to just let Seven stay with one parent per semester. I guess for the first semester of our senior year, he decided to stay with his dad.

"Oh is it? I guess I'd have to walk alone, then," I told him, fake sobbing.

"Oh hush now, my dear Snow. Even with me gone, your skin will still be white and glow," he said, as he wrapped his arms around me. His hug always seemed to calm me down.

"I'll miss you, Sev."

"I'll miss you, too!"

Even though we were only joking around about missing each other (we will still see each other at school), I can't help but long for him as I walked alone from the school to my house. Of course this was not my first time but I'm just so attached to him that I easily miss him.

Half way through my walk, I heard the sound of running behind me. I tried to ignore it but the sound just kept getting louder and louder. It also seemed like the aim of the runner was me so I turned to see who it was.

"Yo, Snow!" The runner greeted me.

"Gray?!" I was shocked to see him. "What are you doing here?" I asked, as he stopped in front of me.

"I was trying to catch up with you," he answered.

Why was he trying to catch up with me? "What? Why?" I asked him.

"I was on my way home from Quinn's when I bumped into Seven," he replied. "I asked where you were. He told me you were on your way home so I decided to catch up with you."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yes!"

"But, why did you ask where I was?"

"Nothing, I just wondered why you and Snow weren't together."

"He's living with his dad, this semester," I told him. "So he's city bound."

"I figured," he replied. "So, shall we go?"

"Go where?"

"Go home, of course! Let's go together!"