Chapter 1: The color of snow

Start from the beginning

Quinn and I, we were the epitome of oppositeness. I had jet black hair, equally dark eyes and reddish lips. My long straight hair opposed her wavy locks. Her usually tanned skin was a little too dark for my snow white skin. She always sported this fake as plastic smile while I usually looked evil, like my heart was filled with darkness. Of course, I was just exaggerating. In a word, Quinn was bubbly while I was grungy.

"Done drooling?" A familiar voice asked, snapping me back to reality, again. I've been spacing out quite a lot lately.

I didn't notice Quinn and Gray were already in front of me, their friends behind them, laughing. "I'm not drooling!" I defended. I was staring but definitely not drooling.

"Oh yes you were, honey," Quinn said.

"Yo, Snow! Hey, Seven!" Gray greeted us with a smile, which surprised me because he hardly greeted us.

"No, I wasn't!" I retorted, then turned my attention to Gray. "Yo? How's your? Um... Summer?" That was an awkward way to greet someone back.

"Hey!" Seven greeted back.

Did I forget to mention? Gray and I used to be friends. Not really "used-to-be", I mean, we're still friends now but just not that close anymore. In a way, we were best friends, him, Seven and I. His house is just across our house, actually. Also, he's not one of those people who harass me. It just so happened that he's friends with them.

"Don't answer that, Gray. People will think we're friends with them," Quinn said, stopping Gray from answering my question.

What's wrong with this girl? I was just asking a question! And what did she mean about people thinking they're friends with us? What's wrong with us?

Before I could even retaliate, Quinn bid goodbye, Gray just smiled, then walked away while their army of jocks and cheerleaders pretended to be happy and followed.

"What is up with her?!" I exclaimed.

"She's a cheer leader. That's what they all are supposed to do, ridicule people," Seven answered.

"But, why me?! Of all the people, why me?!"

"Maybe because you're friends with Gray. You know they're together, right?"

"They are?! Since when?! Wait, wait, you're also friends with him!"

Really?! The oh so nice and perfect, Gray, was dating the enemy of the state, Quinn?! What has this world gone into? The nice guy with the bad girl; the prince with the queen; the perfect combination?

"Snow, you're in the 21st century. Jocks and cheerleaders are bound to be together, at least during high school," Seven replied. "And regarding that part where he and I are friends, the thing is we're both guys."

"That's very stereotypical!" I told Seven. "The jock with the cheerleader? How many T. V. series have portrayed that theme?"

"You say it's stereotypical but you're finding it hard to believe. Why is that?" Seven said, disproving my argument.

"It's just that Gray is so nice while Quinn is so bitchy." There, I said it. Quinn is very bitchy. She's not a bitch but sometimes, she's just so bitchy and that's what annoys me about her.

"I know what this is about," Seven said.

What were Seven talking about? This was about Quinn not deserving someone like Gray! "What?" I asked him.

"This is about you having a crush on Gray," Seven answered.

I was shocked with what he said. "Keep your voice down, Seven! Someone might hear you!" I whispered. "And besides, that's not true."