March 7: End of Term (4/4)

While I wait for Rei to pay up, and since we have been here for so long, I take my chance to use the bathroom to relieve and refresh myself, after telling her of course.

I mean, if I were anyone else I surely would have tried something with her by now when she asked for my opinion on what sort of swimsuit should she buy for the trip, even if chances of needing it are close to 6%.

I know she wouldn't like if I tried it, much less on this public setting, hell, chances of scaring her away are almost 100%!

But still, I'll be a hypocrite saying I wouldn't enjoy if she wear those.

I chuckle to myself as a silly grin appear on my face, then wash my hands and wash my face, slapping my face to regain some semblance of control, once my expression is back to normal I push my glasses up and nod.

time to go.

I walk to the last place I saw her, the fluttering on my chest threatening to make me smile, I look around in confusion when I don't see her.

did she leave already?

Impossible, chances of Rei doing that, 0%.

then where is she?

I look around again, and I notice something odd behind a pile of boxes, I'm sure if I were not looking for this I wouldn't have noticed at all.

I walk towards there, when I am close by I hear someone struggling and a male grunt.

My blood run cold, it can't be? can it?

I peek to the scene, I see Rei's crying face and I am unable to see beyond that.

I clench my teeth, also my fists, but I don't punch him, I push those boxes with all my strength on the man, he is unable to move before they impact on his head, knocking him to the ground, he turn around and when he see me he paled, running away in fear.

I breath deeply, that man is not important right now, and walk slowly and carefully towards Rei, chances of scaring her with sudden movements, 89%.

why did I - no, this is not the moment for this.

She is shaking and crying silently, so I place a hand on her shoulder, "Shimizu-san, are you alright?"

No answer, chances of her been in shock, 90%.

I place both of my hands on her shoulders, shaking her softly, "Shimizu-san?"

no answer.

I shallow a curse and try again, this time cupping her face with both of my hands and forcing her to look at me, "Rei"

She blink in confusion, while her breath become ragged, that's a good sigh.

She try, subconsciously, to look away so I force her to keep my gaze, commanding her in a soft voice, "Rei, you need to breath, calm down, just hear my voice, trust me, everything is fine now, nobody is going to hurt you"

she blink and focus on me, tears making her way down her face, then she glomp me, hiding her face on my chest while I pat her back awkwardly.

I sigh and look upwards, pushing my glasses up my nose.

how would this happy day come down to this?

I feel her shaking subsiding, and then she releasing me, looking up with a blush marring her face, "w-wha-"

she blink again and continue, "Ha- ah...Inui-san, I'm so sorry"

is she, blaming herself?

I shake my head and push my glasses up, "there is nothing to apologize of, I am the one who should apologize"