February 14: Valentine's Day.

It's Valentine's day, the only day of the year I can confess without been stared at.

Ever since I saw him the first day of school, after I was transferred to Midorigawa Dai-ichi, on my last year as a elementary school's student I liked him, at first it was a mere crush, but the more I know him the more I like him, I am not obvious though, not with how shy I am around everyone.

I take a breath and walk to his desk, once I am close enough I open my mouth, "e-etto..."

"Hey! What are you doing there!? Practice is about to start!"

He look at the door and nod, then turn to me with a small smile, "do you need something important? Because I need to go."

I shake my head, "i-it's alright, you should go."

He look at me a few more seconds and then nod to himself, "okay, I'll see you later then."

------

It's Valentine again, fortunately we are in the same class as junior high students on Seishun Gakuen, and he is in his usual desk, writing in his notebook like always, I won't make the same mistake twice.

Once I am close enough I slip my letter on his desk, he doesn't notice at first but one of the girls of the class does, well, more like she notice the letter on his desk.

"Well, what we have here?" She asks, picking my letter from his desk, "who would have thought the weirdo could get a letter this day?"

He looks upwards in confusion, and then notice the card in her hand.

I step back and then frown, "y-you shouldn't talk like that about anyone"

My voice is barely above a whisper but somehow manage to catch the attention from both of them, "I-it's not nice, you should apologize"

He look at me in surprise and she scoff, "sure, this was probably a joke anyway, there is no way somebody could like him"

Once she finish her words she rip my letter in many pieces and throw them for the window.

He follow the pieces with his eyes and then sigh, I follow his sight too, then he push his glasses up and look at me, "I am grateful for your support, even if it didn't help in this situation"

I blink, strung and nod, "it's alright, s-she was mean without reason, that's not nice"

I turn around to my work then, feeling the weight of his eyes on my back.

Should I try again later?

Or maybe wait until next year?

Next year is probably better.

-----

It's Valentine again, this year too I attend his same class, because the date the girls and boys are mocking him for his lack of admirers, he laugh good naturally but I see how those words hurt him.

I should go there and correct them but I can't, no matter how much I want I know I can't.

I sigh and look through the window, I feel eyes on my back but I don't turn around, I know it's him, he's always watching me, ever since I tried to confess last year, or maybe even longer.