I think I'd rather purchase a plot of land and build a home to my taste.

"What?" I question. I won't be surprised if Jide tells me that some A-list celebrities are showing up at the party as well.

"DJ Spinall is in around."

This pleases me, because DJ Spinall is very good at what he does and I can be rest assured that the party will go well.

Already, I can hear the music coming from the pool area. A wonderful mix of Ycee's Omo Alhaji and Phizbarz's Demo is playing. I'm beginning to get excited already.

The party is in full swing, and the pool is so beautiful. The music is loud and invigorating, urging me to just dance, dance and forget everything else. Stunning, bikini clad girls are in the pool, dancing, playing pool ball and swimming like mermaids. There are elegant canopies laced with white silk curtains which sway softly in the cool island breeze. These canopies are furnished with white, cushioned couches and tables topped with assortments of drinks and small chops.

"Oh my god," Jide exclaims when someone walks towards us. "Saheed!"
The person comes closer and I see its a huge man the same height as mine, with a clean shaven face and a big smile. He is dressed in a white caftan and the popular checkered Arab scarf.

"Jide my man!"

The two hug tightly, hitting each other's backs. When they withdraw, they stare at each other fondly.

"This is my guy Kaka. He replaced you after you left me," says Jide with a laugh. Saheed laughs, too, and enthusiastically hugs me as well.

"You're my VVIP tonight. Come, let me place you guys underneath my own canopy. Jide, jeez! We have a lot to catch up on."

"You telling me?" replies Jide.

We follow Saheed, weaving past people dancing around the pool and dodging splashes of water. On a makeshift platform underneath a small canopy at the other side, I see DJ Spinall doing his thing, wearing his well-known Ankara cap and dark glasses.

Saheed seats us underneath the biggest canopy, filled with about five beautiful girls; the type of girls you only see in trending music videos.

"Make yourselves comfortable. Let me know if you need anything. Anything."

"Yes, boss," replies Jide, who is already interested in the girls.

"Let me check up on some things, guys. I'll be right back."

And with that, Saheed disappears.

I pour myself a glass of wine and take a sip. Wines aren't my thing; I prefer spirits but today I want something different.

"Do you want to dance?" one of the girls asks me. This one has kept her eyes on me since I came close. She is very curvy with skin the colour of honey in the dim lights. Her face is perfectly made up, with eyebrows 'on fleek'.

"Sure thing," I reply.

We dance for twenty minutes, before I excuse myself for a drink of water. My head ache is actually worse, and it's becoming very annoying.

Jide was wrong.

Nwanyieze's POV:

Temi is disappointed that I don't want to strip down to my bikini and dive into the pool.

We are currently at the party being hosted by Saheed Bello, son of the current Minister of Natural Resources. It is a huge, glamorous party, full of the elite of Lagos: spoiled rich brats, socialites, movie stars, popular musicians and their numerous hangers-on.