The Surrogate Baby

Start from the beginning

"It can wait a few minutes while I unpack the bags." Nick noticed the uneasy look on his face and he knew that whatever Gaby didn't want him to see wasn't going to be good.

"Gaby what did you do?"

"Um nothing," she said with a half smile.

Nick walked passed her and open the door to the nursery only to find the room filled with shopping bags.

"Gaby have you lost your mind, what is all of this stuff?" Nick said his voice filled with anguish.

"Clothes for the twins?"

"Are you asking me or are you telling me." Nick glared down at her and Gaby rubbed her hands nervously.

"I kind of went overboard the other day when I went shopping with Lauryn." Nick dropped the bags in his hand and started to rifle through the bags.

"Gaby these clothes won't even last  long, do you know how fast a baby grows?"

"I know, that's why some of them are different sizes." Gaby said hoping that he would see there was some type of logic to the madness.

"I don't know what happened, when we got to the store I saw all of the cute little onesies and I just went a little...nuts."

"A little? Try a whole freaking lot." Nick said as he shook his head.

"How much did all of this cost? You do realize that our money isn't unlimited? What good are clothes when we can't feed them?"

"I know that Nick." She snapped. "That Tanagers outlet is pretty awesome."

"You're not going to tell me how much you spent are you?"

"It's not a lot trust me."

"I'm so glad I haven't given you my debit card yet."

"Which is still totally unfair, you have mine."

"Like I would ever use it Gaby." Nick said as he counted fifteen bags. "I need to get out of here I just got a headache." Nick said as he walked passed Gaby and out of the room with Gaby trailing behind him.

"I did get something for you too."

"Don't want it, just return it."

"You don't even know what it is?"

"I don't care what it is, take it back." Nick said as he walked into the bedroom and plopped on the bed while Gaby stretched out across the chaise.

"Fine I'll just take back the Keurig Special Edition coffee maker I got you along with your favorite custom blend that you can't seem to live without first thing in the morning." Gaby said with a huge smile on her face because she knew he couldn't resist.

"That's fine, take it back." Gaby's smile instantly drop and she peaked over at Nick who was rubbing the center of his forehead.

"Okay fine I will take back some of the clothes, Isabelle two doesn't need fifteen dresses and little Napoleon can get away with three hats instead of one for every day of the week."

"Isabelle two and Napoleon?" Nick asked as he laid at the end of the bed and looked down at Gaby.

"You don't like my names?"

"Heck no, Isabelle two is a character from a film and Napoleon speaks for its self." Nick said shaking his head,

"Well at least I'm trying Mr. I like Jane and John."

"They match and they are simple."

"I don't want their names to match everyone will expect that, and what's wrong with a unique name."