Chapter 2

"Swooping crane!"

The five Ninja got into formation. The stretches were easy; a warm-up that didn't strain Lloyd too much. They never were hard, even when he was little. Of course, they could always do this when they normally got up. Lloyd had a sneaking suspicion his uncle just liked the excuse to wake them up ridiculously early.

"Pinching crab!"

The whole hour of sunrise exercises, Lloyd was lost in thought. He ignored the other Ninja's idle talk. He couldn't stop thinking about his nightmare. It seemed too good to be true that he was home after what he'd been through, like this was the nightmare, some twisted dream, and he'd wake up back in those chains underground, Scales laughing at him as he tortured him.

"Alright! We are done for now. Go get some breakfast. I believe it was my brother's turn to make it."

The Ninja all raced off. Once he had been cured, Garmadon had turned out to be a surprisingly good cook. Also, another plus side to that fact, whenever his father cooked breakfast, that meant it was Zane's turn to make dinner.

Lloyd made his way slowly into the dining room, the rest of the Ninja way ahead of them. He was tired, even though he had practically just woken up. He was so lost in thought, he didn't notice someone else coming down the stairs until he ran into them.

"Oh, sorry father. I didn't see you." He tried to move past the older man, but Garmadon stopped him.

"Another nightmare, son?" His father's eyes were full of concern. Lloyd sighed.

"Every night, Dad." Without warning, the Green Ninja began to tear up. "I-I-I know Scales is gone; you killed him, b-but I can't get him out of my head, like e-even after he's dead, he s-still w-wants to torture me."

Garmadon pulled Lloyd into a hug. "It's alright, Lloyd. We'll figure this out. You'll get through it." The former Dark Lord held him out at arm's length, a small smile on his face. "Trust me. Of all of us here on this ship, you are the strongest, and not just because of your power. If anyone else had to go through what you did, it be impossible for them to come out on top. They'd have cracked long ago."

"I thought I did." Lloyd's voice was small.

"Yes, but you mended them. The cracks are sealed, and you're stronger for it." Garmadon took a single step back. "Look at me! I thought nothing on this earth could reverse the damage done to me by the Great Devourer's venom. But you did." His father's voice was firm, resonating with his body, making him unable to argue further. Garmadon placed a guiding hand on his son's shoulder. "Come. It's much too early in the morning for all this seriousness. Let's go have breakfast, before the rest of our little family eats it all. I made French toast."