38

Calum carried two mugs of tea to his home studio. He felt Buzz follow behind him as he walked up the three stairs cases before he got into the attic. Nia was sitting filming Oreo playing with her hand for my twitter when Calum walked in. He placed her tea down beside her before walking over to the computer in silence.

"What's up with you today?" Nia asked as she watched him walk over to the other side of the room.

"Nothing" Calum replied before he sipped on the mug of tea. Nia rolled her eyes even though he wasn't looking at her.

"Bullshit" Nia said standing up and walking over to him. "What's wrong?" She sat on a stool next to the computer desk and starred at him. Calum looked at her before back to the computer screen.

"Emily and I have been arguing" Calum answered as he searched through his documents. Nia rolled her eyes at the mention of Emily's name.

"What's new?" She questioned making Calum raise his eyebrows in agreement but he was concentrating on the screen. "Isn't she supposed to make you happy not miserable?"

"No" Calum answered sitting back in his chair and looking at Nia. "She's supposed to make me feel everything"

"But all you do is argue and have sex" Nia said making Calum chuckle.

"That isn't true" Calum argued a little, maybe it was mainly what they did but it wasn't all they did.

"She doesn't treat you right" Nia said more of a mumble but Calum heard. Calum raised his eyebrows at the pixie cut girl.

"You don't know shit about my relationship" Calum answered making Nia give him a look of disbelief.

"I know that you don't tell one another a lot of stuff"

Calum stayed silent because that was kind of true but that was what they had been arguing about for the past week straight, that and literally everything else you could ever think of. Dishes, Bills, walking the dog, work, people. The list was endless. Endless amounts of arguing and Calum was miserable about it. The house wasn't a happy place at the moment.

"I just don't get why you're with her" Nia continued as Calum didn't say anything. "Clearly you have issues with one another"

"I love her" Calum answered "You wouldn't get it because you've never been in love with anyone"

"Actually I have" Nia answered before she could stop herself. Calum looked at her in surprise and shock.

"Who?" Calum questioned making Nia pull the sleeves of her sweater over her hands and fiddled with the ends. Calum looked at her expectedly as he awaited her answer.

"You" Nia mumbled "Okay I was stupid enough to fall in love with you"

Calum's mouth opened to say something but he closed it because he didn't know what to say.

"That's not true" Calum said shaking his head.

"You just don't want it to be true" Nia said "But you're my best friend, we dated or fucked around whatever but I got attached and you didn't"

"I don't know what to tell you" Calum mumbled. He felt bad because clearly this wasn't supposed to happen.

"Why did you never give us a proper shot?" Nia asked "Why is the only person you've ever tried with the person who makes you miserable?"

"Fucking hell she doesn't make me miserable" Calum groaned. Nia was about to reply when the door opened and Michael walked in.

"Hey guys!" Michael greeted them as he placed his guitar down. "What ya up to?"