32

"Calum" Emily said she rummaged through the closet in Calum's LA flat. She continued to pick out clothing before placing it in a pile behind her. "Cal!" Emily said again this time pausing to see if he answered. She sighed. "Fucking deaf prick" Emily muttered under her breath as she turned to step over the pile of clothing that was scattered on the floor around the area of the closet. A small groan left her lips as she looked at the clothes before as continued to walk out of the room and down the hall to the kitchen where Calum was reading over a letter whilst drinking some coffee. The kitchen was silent, which was usual. Normally, Calum would have some sort of music or background noise. He blamed his job for the constant need of sound. Emily walked into the kitchen and walked behind Calum who was standing against the small breakfast bar/kitchen island. She wrapped her arms around his waist before talking.
"Babe" Emily said with the hint of something in her voice that Calum knew to well. She wanted something. Emily never asked for anything big so it was never that bad.
"Hmm?" Calum answered as she sipped on his coffee.
"Can I borrow your bomber jacket?" Emily asked sweetly stepping to his side so she could look up at him. Calum placed the letter in his hand on the table and turned to face Emily.
"You have your own" Calum stated
"I know but I can't find it and I have to meet Paige in half an hour" Emily said with a small pout.
"No I want to wear it" Calum said turning to look away from Emily as she rolled her eyes.
"But it looks better on me" Emily said making Calum chuckle a little and shake his head as he walked out of the kitchen. Emily followed him back down to the bedroom where he stood starring at the pile of clothes that Emily had left on the floor.
"What did- uh never mind" Calum said before walking over to his draws and pulling out a new t shirt. Emily walked over to the pile of clothes and began the process of putting them away. Emily wore the face. A sad pout that happened naturally when she didn't get her own way. Calum chuckled a little as he looked over at her. Emily wasn't someone who was self centred or acted up when she didn't get what she wanted. She wasn't spoiled. Although, only with Calum did she act up a little because Calum treated her the best he could and normally gave her what she wanted because it was always so easy.
Calum shrugged on the bomber jacket before he shoved his car keys into his pocket along with his wallet. Emily looked over at him and smiled in annoyance at Calum.
"Please" Emily said with a smile. Calum ignored her and ran his fingers through his hair to give it more of a style before they left. Calum was going to studio and Emily was meeting Paige.
"I'm clearly wearing it" Calum replied after a few moments.
"But you used to let me wear your leather jacket" Emily whined a little even though now she wasn't being 100% serious. But if she put on enough of a strop maybe Calum would give her the jacket.
"I have a leather jacket you could wear" Calum said pointing towards his leather jacket hanging on the back of the door.
"I don't want a leather jacket why do you even need a jacket? You're going to be inside most of the day" Emily asked crossing her arms across her chest as she looked at Calum.
"That's actually a fair point but no" Calum said making Emily roll her eyes again before she picked up her bag and began to walk out of the room. "Why don't you just take the leather jacket. You look good in leather" Calum stated Emily glanced over her shoulder at him before looking down at her outfit.
"I guess" Emily said in a soft voice as she looked back at Calum who wore a slightly smug expression. 

"It's not even cold outside, you don't need a jacket" Calum said making Emily nod in agreement before walking out of the bedroom. "Are we leaving?" Calum asked following Emily through to the living room where she was putting her purse into her bag. 

"Yeah or I'll be late" Emily said making Calum nod as he picked up his car keys. 

***

"So how was your date with Luke?" Emily finally ask the question that had been on her lips for the past few hours that her and Paige had been walking around some shops. A small blush spread across Paige's pale cheeks as she gave Emily a smile. Emily raised her eyebrows questioningly at her new found friend.