27

Emily awoke to an empty bed. She sat up and frowned at the empty side where Calum would usually lay. She pulled the covers off her bare legs before standing off the bed. The t-shirt of Calum's that she was wearing wasn't as long as the other t- shirts she wore of his. This simple black t shirt hardly covered her butt, however she was wearing underwear and it was nothing Calum hadn't seen before so who really cares.

Emily made her way to the kitchen. She could hear The 1975 playing fairly quietly, for Calum and Calum singing along to it. It was there first album which reminded Emily of 17 year old them laying in Calum's room eating ice cream and listening to them after dates. Emily approached the kitchen quietly and notice Calum was cooking, shirtless might she add and that was something she could wake up to every morning.

' The first bit of advice that you gave me that I liked was they're too strong, too strong. Get in the shower if it all goes wrong.' Calum sung under his breath a little making Emily smile before walking up behind him. Emily wrapped her arms around his waist and placed her chin on his shoulder, she had to stand on her tip toes because Calum was stupidly tall - or so was just small but she liked to think that Calum was just stupidly tall.

"Oh morning" Calum said as he flipped the bacon in the frying pan.

"Good morning" Emily replied not moving her chin from his shoulder. "Why are you cooking breakfast?" Emily asked because this wasn't like Calum at all. Calum chuckled a little.

"Can I not cook breakfast for my girlfriend?" Calum asked making Emily's heart race, even though that should be sometime she was used to. It was the idea. Emily placed a kiss on Calum's shoulder before moving to the side of him. He glanced at her grinning at him. "What?" Calum frowned a little.

"Nothing" Emily replied shaking her head at him Calum gave her a weird look before he went back to cooking the bacon. "So what is happening today?"

"We're going to the beach you know this" Calum said as he walked over to bread bin and got out four slides of bread and plates from the cupboard before walking back to the counter. He began to butter the bread.

"Yeah but what are the details like time?" Emily asked because things not being organised made her a little anxious. Calum look over at her and chuckled a little.

"We get there when we get there" Calum answer making Emily groan a little because she knew that he knew that that answer would annoy her. "We're picking up Michael and Holly at 12"
"Okay" Emily said glancing at the clock. 10:53 am. "Do you want some coffee?" Emily asked as Calum put the bacon into sandwiches.
"Yeah" Calum answered as Emily switched on the coffee maker. She opened the cupboard with the coffee mugs in and looked up at them. She frowned a little before trying to reach them. Her tongue stuck out as she went onto her tippy tip toes. Calum watched in amusement before he walked behind her and got them down for her.
"This isn't small people friendly" Emily commented before she placed the mugs under the coffee maker and began the process of making the coffee.
"Well I'm not small" Calum said with a shrug "not my problem"
"But I'm not tall" Emily pouted making Calum raise an eyebrow at her.
"No shit" Calum commented "Anyway this isn't technically your apartment"
Emily handed Calum his mug of coffee before walking over to the bacon sandwiches and picking up a plate with one on.
"Are you planning on taking Buzz?" Emily asked as Calum sat at the table opposite her.
"I don't think dogs are allowed on the beach" Calum said a crease forming on his forehead.
"Awh Buzz" Emily cooed pouted down at the puppy. "You're staying all by yourself"
"Probably going to shit everywhere" Calum said making Emily screw her nose up at him.
"Well you're the one who brought a puppy" Emily said with a shrug "So you can clean all of that up"
"But I made you breakfast" Calum pointed out making Emily roll her eyes at him.
"I make you breakfast everyday" Emily said making Calum smile a little at her "maybe not everyday but most days"
"That's why I keep you around" Calum smiled making Emily roll her eyes at him again.