33

"So remind me why I'm here?" Luke asked as him and Emily walked around the Sydney shopping mall. Emily looked at him in annoyance because bringing Luke shopping with her was a bad idea, all he does is complain.

"Because I'm shit at present buying and you're Calum's best friend" Emily reminded him as she readjusted her bag on her shoulder.

"Haven't you left this a little late? Christmas is in tomorrow" Luke said making Emily roll her eyes at him.

"I haven't had time" Emily groaned a little making Luke huff as he dragged his feet along beside Emily.

"What are you doing for Christmas anyway?" Luke asked as Emily dragged him into yet another shop.

"Going to Calum's parents" Emily answered but not really paying attention to Luke. Luke lent on the counter as Emily looked a collection of watches.

"He doesn't wear a watch" Luke commented making Emily look up at him.

"That's because he's never own one" Emily pointed out before glancing back at the watches.

"Can't you just buy some nice underwear or something?" Luke suggested

"Are you suggesting that my underwear aren't already nice?" Emily asked making Luke raise an eyebrow at her.

"I wouldn't know. I've never seen your underwear" Luke replied making Emily smile at him a little before going back to look at the watches. She glanced along the counter noticing some male bracelets.

"Hey what about one of these?" Emily asked Luke who was too busy texting someone to pay attention to her. "Lucas"

"Emz" Luke answered shoving his phone back into his pocket.

"Unless your texting Paige. Pay more attention" Emily teased a little making Luke roll his eyes but a light blush crawl to his face. "You were texting Paige weren't you?"

"Shut up" Luke said looking down at the bracelets.

"Oh Lucas has a crush" Emily teased making Luke's blush deepen a little. "You're blushing. You can't deny the blush"

"Emz shut up" Luke said making Emily chuckle at him.

"It's okay to have feelings gee" Emily said glancing up at Luke who just rolled his eyes at her in return.

"I don't know if I want a relationship" Luke said making Emily look up at him before turning to face him.

"Luke you aren't going to be good looking forever. One day you're going to wake up with grey hair and wrinkles and if you keep going the way you are you're gonna end up alone because not many people have one night stands when they are over 60"

"You think I'm good looking?" Luke smirked making Emily groan a little "I wonder what Calum thinks about that"

"You won't be losing anything if you give Paige a chance" Emily said ignoring his comments because he was annoying to say the least. "So just see where it takes you"

"Because if I don't I'm going to end up old and alone?"

"Exactly" Emily nodded making Luke scoff a little as she turned back around to look at the bracelets.

***
"Why are you spending Christmas Eve at Holly's?" Calum asked as he joined Emily in the kitchen as she finished off wrapping Holly's presents.
"Because I've never not spent Christmas Eve with her" Emily answered a little distantly as she focus on sticking the tape in a straight line.
"But We've never spent Christmas Eve together" Calum said as he put his slightly clammy hands into his jean pockets. Emily looked up at him and crooked her head to the side.
"We have. We had our first proper argument on our first Christmas Eve" Emily reminded him making Calum roll his eyes at her.
"That doesn't really count though" Calum said "that was a party"
"Calum I'm going to Holly's regardless to whether you do or not" Emily sighed a little.
"What does Holly have that I don't?" Calum asked as Emily cut up some more tape to stick a label on with.
"Cooking skills? Wine? A child?"
"What does a child have to do with it?" Calum frowned a little.
"Parker is my favourite person on Christmas" Emily said before she stuck the label onto the present and looked up at Calum.
"Are you seeing Tommy?" Calum asked making Emily shrug.
"He's spending it with my nan and mum's family. I might see him on the 26th or something" Emily answered "he doesn't seem to care"
"Yeah he doesn't seem to care about a lot at the moment" Calum pointed out. Which was true. Tommy had hardly stepped foot outside of Emily's apartment that she let him have since their Dad kicked him out. He barely talked to anyone or did anything. Emily was worried but she was helpless. It wasn't a physical issue that she could help him with. This was mental and he was vulnerable. Which isn't what Tommy is like. Tommy is a strong headed kind of guy. He never really let people or things get to him. Of course the death of your best friend is not something you can get over.
"I've gotta get him back on track" Emily sighed running her hands through her hair. "Or he won't make the fitness recommendations for LA football"
"He will come around" Calum said even though he didn't know that. Calum wasn't sure if Tommy even cared about football anymore. Calum didn't really know Tommy well enough to say if he was going to get through this well or not.
"Maybe" Emily mumbled looking down at Buzz as his padded feet walked into the kitchen. "I was going to get him a Santa suit today but they didn't have one in his size"
"That's such a good idea" Calum said bending down to pick up Buzz. Who was actually getting quite big now. Calum guessed he was getting close to being dally grown. "We should get him all the holiday outfits"
"Oh my god" Emily chuckled a little "pumpkin for Halloween"
"Bunny for Easter" Calum said as he cradled the dog in his arms.
"He'd hate it so much" Emily said glancing over her shoulder at them as she began to load the dishwasher.
"That is true but it would be cute" Calum said putting Buzz on the floor as he began to wiggle in his arms from discomfort. "Can we take Buzz to Holly's?"
"Yes Calum we can take Buzz" Emily said a little amused because Calum would take Buzz everywhere if he could. Well he pretty much did take him everywhere.