⚜chapter 1⚜ what a big school

Y/N: means Your Name
H/C: means hair color
E/C: means eye color

^

"What a big school..." You mumble staring up at the palace before you. A soft wind blew through your H/C hair as you clutched your school bag nervously.

Girls walk in crowds talking and giggling in the same heavy, yellow dress you wear. The sun beaming down makes you hot under its hot gaze. The same thought is rolling in your mind, where is Haru? You don't like the weird looks you get standing into the entry way so awkwardly. Guys walking by glance at you up and down then lean to whisper to the other. Both nodding, they smile as they walk away, still throwing glances back at you.

"Y/N, sorry I'm late!" Turning to the familiar voice, you smile at the familiar face of your cousin Haru.

"No worries Haru." You say smiling at her. "Wow, I thought you were joking when you told me you wore the boys uniform!"

"Sadly no," she grumbles then brightens up, "speaking of uniform, you look great!" Your cheeks tint pink slightly as you let out a laugh.

     "You look strangely great in the boys uniform Haru-chan!"  She laughs at your words then her eyes brighten up.

     "Hey, let's go get you signed in!" She smiles marching forward as you follow after.

     Walking side by side, you and Haru laugh as you chat. She is telling you about all the extracurricular activities in the school, and how she had meet a lot of great people.

     "Say, can I meet your friends?" You ask, your E/C eyes wide with anticipation. Her face falters and you can feel everything sink in.

     "I'm sorry Y/N-chan, but my friends are.... Different." She runs a hand through her short brown hair with a frown. "I really don't want you to get mixed up with their, weirdness..." Looking at her she can tell what You are thinking and she quickly shakes her head waving her hands around. "It's not that I'm embarrassed by you or anything!" She says quickly and You nod curtly. "Y/N-chaaaan~" she shakes your shoulders and you can't help but laugh.

"I'm not mad." You laugh and she smiles slightly. "Just a little curious." She nods and you quietly walk into the office.

Haru leads you to the office counter and helps you sign in. Looking around the office, you spot a group of girls staring at you. Nervous, you wave and smile shyly. Their cheeks puff up as they huff away and you can faintly her their voices from the hall.

"Why is she with Haru-San?"

^

     You walk down the large corridors with your schedule in hand as you look for the chemistry lab. Haru had left you when she had gotten a phone call from someone named Kyoya. Now you were by yourself, and most likely lost in this castle of a school. Your feet make soft patter noises as you trot down the corridors. Really you just didn't want to be late on your first day! Turing a corner, you slam into someone and you both come tumbling down. Glancing over, you see a a girl staring back at you.

"I'm so sorry!" You both say at the same time then laugh slightly. "I'm sorry, but do you happen to know where the Chemistry lab is?" You ask and she nods.

"I'm actually going there right now!" She says and smiles at you. "Here I'll show you!"

"Thank you so much!" You whisper as you help one another up.

Somehow, you both manage to run in the horrible yellow uniforms, and make it into the classroom before the bell rings.

^

"Ah, thank you so much for today!" You say bowing to your first friend you have made.

"Haha, it's no problem! I was a new girl once, and you seemed like you were about to cry!" She laughs, her long brown curls bouncing with her shoulders. "Oh, my how rude of me! My name is Hanako!"

"Oh, mine is Y/N." You shake one another's hands and laugh slightly. "I honestly can't thank you enough Hanako! You even walked me to the class when you had a different class than me!"

"It's really no problem Y/N." She smiles brightly at you then nods. "Well, I must be going to my piano lessons now, are you alright to find the lobby from here?"

"Yes, thank you Hanako-senpai!" You call as she trots away waving back. "Okay, so let's go find Haru."

Taking your time, you walk down the halls searching for a staircase. Turning left, You can see a bunch of girls waiting outside a door, their faces bright red. Paying no mind, you go straight down the staircase in front of you.

Going down, you don't know how many stairs, you find your way to the lobby where Haruhi is waiting. She is leaning against the wall and you wave as you hurry to her. She has a big smile on her face as you meet with her.

"So how was your first day at Ouran?" She asks and you shake your head.

"It's a really big school...." You laugh and she laughs with you as you walk out of the school and head home.

Thank you for reading! I really hope you enjoyed chapter 1! I'm sorry it didn't have the host club! They will come I promise. I love this anime, so much and I really hope I do it justice with this fanfic! So I'm going to set a vote goal for this chapter! Again, I really hope you enjoyed! ~^-^~

Vote goal: 10 votes.