5.

Jason had left five minutes ago, though his scent still lingers in the air. It was a masculine smell; musky, slightly citrus-y and there was a tinge of sweetness to it. Not going to lie, it's a sexy smell. Apart from the metallic aroma of his blood, sweat and the strong smell of cigarettes that had mixed itself in to the smell of his cologne.

At the time that he had been here I hadn't noticed the way that he had managed to be absolutely fine with a bloody stab wound right underneath his rib cage. I had pointed it out to him when he had stepped into my apartment but he had brushed me off saying that he'd be alright. It was stupid of me not to pay more heed to his physical well-being and I can't really help but feel bad for not fixing him up.

Or maybe I'm just feeling like crap because he had just confirmed my sister's death.

I sigh, lamely dropping my smashed iPhone into the trash. I had run out of tears to cry over my sister. I had run out of tears for her the moment I had realized that she wasn't going to come back home. I'd surprised myself with the tears that I had spilled for her just half an hour ago. Sure, I'm upset she's dead but she wasn't really the best sister in the world. I mean, before she had to go and take action of her 'good intentions' she may have been. I guess I had never really noticed that she wanted to leave and that is one of the many things that tore me up the most about her departure.

But over time I had gotten over it, the wounds have healed and I would like to keep it that way.

I step out of the kitchen and head straight to my bed, my eyes aching from sleep deprivation and stress. My bed is made but the sheets are still creased from when Jason and I had both been sitting on it.

Stephanie had told me that the Red Hood was someone who I shouldn't even look at but I can't help but want him back here to help me out. I'm not going to die and I know that but the past couple of hours have resurfaced a pain that I had never wanted to experience again. And even though I understand it won't kill me, it definitely feels like it will.

I pull back the covers of my sheets, placing myself inside the warmth of the fabric. My pillow feels like clouds underneath my head, my eyes becoming heavy and fluttering shut. They sting lightly due to having cried so much but the feeling disappears as soon as it had come.

~~~~

I wake up late, my head pounding loudly and painfully as my eyes become focused on the small frame of my closest friend. Stephanie sits on the study chair opposite my bed, her fingers tapping away at her phone and her knee bouncing.

I groan, pushing myself into a sitting position and glancing at the clock on my wall. Twelve forty-three. Stephanie snickers from where she sits, her eyes not moving away from the screen of her phone. Her right eyebrow is raised and a smirk is plastered on her face.

"You didn't listen to anything I had told you about that Red Hood guy, did you?"

"Its too early, Steph," I grunt, my eyebrows furrowed. "How 'bout you ask me again never?"

"No. I'll ask you now."

"Just let me wake up first, okay?" I grumble, rubbing my eyes with my fist.

"Why are you still talking to that guy? He's dangerous!"

"How do you even know he was here?" I almost fall off my bed and begin to make my way to the bathroom. I leave the door open, turning the tap on and tying my hair back.