Grabbing my purse, I run towards the school.

Happy that I make it just in time, I put my purse in my desk before standing by the doorway. Soon one-by-one the students slowly file into the classroom. By the time the clock strikes 7:50 am, most of the students have arrived.

Still standing at the door I shout into the classroom, "Students, please take your seats and start your journal for the day please."

"Good morning, Ms. Cooper," says a small voice from behind me. I turn and glance down to see Kale smiling.

Mirroring his smile, I reply."Good morning, Kale."

"Good morning Ms. Cooper," says the low soft murmur. My grin quickly disappears, and my body stiffens for a brief second. I know that voice. My attention shifts from Kale to the handsome man standing behind him. One look and I nearly groan in pleasure. It doesn't seem real, but he looks more handsome than he did yesterday.

It takes all my willpower not to close my eyes, reach my hand towards Caden, and trail my fingers down his hard chest. Praying that he doesn't hear the desperation in my voice, I muster a simple response, "Good morning to you too, Mr. Williams."

Shaking his head, he chuckles, "Oh no we can't have that, you're making me feel old, Ms. Cooper. Mr. Williams is my father's name. Please, call me Caden."

Giggling, I answer, "Alright then Caden, please call me Erin."

"Erin," he repeats softly, almost like he is testing the name on his tongue. I feel myself shiver from delight. Did I just sense a sexual vibe from him? I look up at Caden again and know instantly that I was being delusional. There is no way someone so handsome can be attracted to me.

Mentally shaking my head to clear myself of unnecessary thoughts, I give Caden a slight nod, "Well Caden, thanks for bringing Kale in this morning. Will you be on time this afternoon to pick him up?"

"Yes, I swear I'll come on time today. Sorry again for yesterday."

"No problem at all," I answer just as the bell rings signaling the start of class. "Well, that's my cue. Have a great day."

"And the same to you," he replies as he turns to leave. I can't help but notice the swagger in his stride as he walks away or how nicely he filled those jeans he had on. I have to muster up the extra strength within me just to look away, and clearly, I wasn't the only one who noticed the handsome uncle.

I caught the looks of the other two young and single teachers Jean and Nicole; whose rooms were across from mine. Now, those where the types of girls that matched Caden. Attractive, thin, and confident ladies who were worth his time. Not me.

I'm embarrassed at myself for acting like a teenager facing their first crush. I need to face reality and fast.

I bring my hands together and slap my cheeks a little harder than I anticipated. Taking a deep breath and composing myself I return to the classroom.

*****

Another school day is officially over and this time just as Caden had promised, he was on time to pick up Kale. He even stayed to talk to me. He asked me casual questions like if I was from Wisconsin and how I got into teaching. They were simple questions and yet a part of me was happy he was interested enough to ask.

I am about to ask Caden a little about himself too, however, it seemed like Kale wanted to go home early and watch this new show he found on Netflix, so I don't get the chance. But maybe it is better off that way, the less I know about him the better.

Hearing the vibration of my phone on my desk, I look down to see a text from one of my best friends, Cherry.

Cherry: Erin, where are you? Julie and I are at the usual spot. Hurry, I'm hungry.