Chapter nine ~ Perfectly Destroyed

Start from the beginning

I held onto Mrs. Miller for support as if an earthquake was interrupting our day but I then realize it was my body trembling violently. This couldn't be happening. The doctor rushed into an empty room and rapidly began to work over her. I wasn't sure what they were doing as a millions hands moved over her. A sudden faint beeping sound echoed the room and I notice her heart rate was dropping.

"No." I breathed. I had so much to lose if she gave out.

Then-

My life, my heart, my soul, the future to my world, the other half to my life faded away. Her heart beat went flat and everyone in the room fell silent for half a second until one of them started shouting unfreezing the shock from the nurse's faces. A woman came rushing in with electric pads passing them to the anxious waiting doctor. A male nurse ripped the shirt she wore open and exposed her body for the whole entire room to see. My breathing quicken as the girl I love lay dead on the bed

"One, two, and three . . ." the doctor signaled.

Silence!

"Again-one, two, and three . . ." The doctor grunted through his teeth.

Her body rose up as they forcefully pushed life back into her heart. Though, the line remained silent. Not a singled beat burst to life. Mrs. Miller buried her face in my neck, sobbing for her last daughter who lay like a corpse in a casket. Dead!

"Sir . . ." one of the nurses spoke with a devastated look on her face.

"No! Again . . ." He spoke loudly, rubbing the pads together.

* *

In that moment, a memory fluttered into my mind, clouding my vision. Suri and I were laying in a grassy meadow that sat behind my house. She held my hand tightly as we watched the clouds pass by dissipating as they went.

"I want to float in the sky." She told me animatedly.

I chuckled softly. "Why, it's so far away."

"So I can be like the wind, free and unstoppable."

"And leave me, never. I won't let you." I said possessively.

Her mesmerizing laughter swelled my heart as she sat up and look me directly in my eyes. "I'll never leave you, ever. And even if I float in the sky like the wind, I'll always come back to you, Derek."

"Promise," I whispered speechless.

"With my life," she smiled stunningly, kissing my cheek and ran away.

* * * *

I open my eyes to the girl who gave me that promise. She wasn't her. She was dead. My heart shattered as all my memories vanished when her heart stopped beating. I started to cry. God, please, give me a second chance. I begged. I pleaded in my heart.

"You promise me Surina . . . you promised." I said louder.

The doctor placed the pads once more on her chest. I heard him counted down. My heart stopped, anticipating, skipping a beat as her body rose up from the pressure the shock emitted into her body. Suddenly a faint beeping noise consumed the room again and the nurses gasped in disbelief. The doctor blew out a breath in relief.

That was Suri keeping her promise! =)

"We're going to have to ask you two to step out. This will be awhile." The woman who came in with the electric pads ordered.