Total Eclipse of The Heart

(Based and Inspired by Grey's Anatomy Scene 10x12)

Tobias POV

She looks beautiful. The way her white dress with the embroidered flowers flow on her, and trail behind her as she walks down the aisle. Her blonde hair tied up with a braid almost crowning her head. But the most captivating thing are her eyes, those greyish blue orbs that hold your gaze and mesmerize me whenever I look into them.

She smiles as she walks, smiling at all of us here to support her and Al... who stands up ready to take her hand in marriage. I shut my eyes, trying as hard as I can to keep that vision out of my mind. But I can't, because in mere minutes... she'll be his. He'll be hers.

Reaching him, her bridesmaids smile. Christina, Shauna, and Marlene happy to see their friend finally finding the man she'll spend the rest of her life with.

"Tris and Al's closest friends and family are here today to bare witness to their union. Will you promise to love, and support their marriage in all the days to come? If so, please respond we will." The preacher says, and all around the echoes of 'we will' bounce off the deep oak wooden walls. But I can't make the words come out of my mouth, or even form in my head.

Looking around, all the faces are the same. Joy, and happiness for the lucky couple. And that's why and when it hits me. I'm the only one here, the only close friend of Tris's that isn't happy for her. Isn't supportive of this marriage. 

 I look at her up there, and see all that we've been through. All the late nights, all the tears and laughs, all the memories that will be forever in my mind. Everything I helped her with, everything I helped her overcome... but most of all- everything she's helped me make it through.

Looking over at Lauren who I came here with, she holds my hand and looks happily at Tris and Al. As the preacher begins again, I look at Lauren in the eyes- knowing that after this... she'll most likely not want to speak to me again.

"I-- uh--" I breath out.

"What?" She asks me.

"I'm sorry." I say, and stand up from my seat.

The preacher takes sight of this and stops, causing everyone to look at me. Maybe it's the uncomfortable feeling of everyone staring at me, or the nerves coursing though me. Because I sit back down, and they go as if nothing happened.

"Tris and Al, I have known the two of you for quite some time and I'm happy to be here--"

"I love you, Beatrice." My voice says, as I stand up. Stronger, confident and sure this time of what I am doing.

Everyone turns to look at me, Tris's eyes widening. She moves her head forward a tad, as if to see if she heard me correctly.

"I always have. I love everything about you, even the things I don't like... I love." I say, my voice not wavering and ever so sure.

People's mouths gape at what I'm saying, and Al looks like he could hurt me--if he wanted to.

"And I want you with me. I love you and I think that you love me too." Tris's head moves around just a little, trying to figure out what is happening and what to do. Looking to see if anyone has the answer, if anyone knows what she should do in this moment.

Her eyes bounce everywhere but to me, and her tinted pink lips still gaped open a little.

Everyone looks at me, but then to Tris. Seeing if this is just my crazy words, my crazy doing... or if there's truth to it. Truth to both sides, that this love isn't just all mine.

Swallowing any last fear, and any last trace of nerves I ask her, "Do you?"

A/N: Hey all! Kinda in love with this one shot :) Listen to the song while reading, just helps the scene come alive more.