6: Cinderella Pt. 1

Michonne's P.O.V

"ANDREA!" I shouted

"yes?" She called out from the bottom of the stairs.

"Where's my Lucy Red lipstick?"
I moved around all my lipstick and lipgloss, searching carefully for my favorite red lipstick I let her borrow earlier.

"Oh, It's in the cabinet with my hair ties!" She exclaimed

I quickly threw open the small cabinet of her vanity and snatched my lipstick out.
I then opened it and began to apply it across my lips slowly.

The red spread across my lips and it brought so much life to my face. I didn't look as dead anymore because for some reason my lipstick always completes the look, although I spent nearly an hour on my makeup.
I just hope Rick likes it, and everyone he promised to introduce me to at this party.

Suddenly, I saw a small figure descend from the hallway and walked behind me.
Andre shyly stared at himself in the mirror and smiled. He had on his blue button down shirt, tucked into a pair of rusty blue jeans, finished off with his brown suede timberland boots.
Not to brag, but I sure do know how to dress my son. He's so cute.

"You look handsome." I smiled

Her grinned and placed his chubby hands into his pocket.

"Are you ready to make some friends?"

He thought for a second and then nodded convincingly.

"Carl will be there!" I exclaimed

A smile appeared across his face and he lit up like a jack-o-latern. Andre really likes Carl, they're buddies. The age difference is stupendous but that's okay because Andre needs someone to look up to.

"Will Mr. Grimes be there?" He solicited

"He will. As a matter of a fact, he's our ride there," I chuckled "He'll be here in about 10 minutes."

"Okay." He smiled and then raised his eyebrows and happily skipped back off downstairs to Andrea.

I closed the lipstick and took one last look at myself before getting up and exiting the room.
I had to lift my dress as I walked down the stairs because it's incredibly long and I don't want the end to drag and get all dirty because this dress was VERY expensive.

"Where's Phillip?" I asked

Andrea sighed and stood against the wall, "He's on his way.. He got caught in traffic." she said.

"Ah." I nodded

"You look beautiful Meesh!"

"Thank you," I smiled "You look beautiful too!"

She does. Andrea is incredibly stunning enough as it is, but in this tight red dress I bet she could break necks when she walks into a room.

"Thanks babe, anyway, when will Rick be here?" she asked

"Uh, he texted me in 20 minutes about 10 minutes ago."

She nodded and began picking at her nails, "You're going to have a blast... The Greene's a great family. Probably the greatest in King's County." She smiled

"How so?" I chuckled

"They are so loving and caring, they're the type of family that wave at strangers driving past their farm. You know, the oldest daughter ran off when she was 19 and married an Asian man --- she came back the next year expecting them to be angry as hell at her but nope, they were really accepting."

Why wouldn't they be accepting? I mean, she's their family, what's wrong with marrying an Asian man?

"What's wrong with marrying an Asian man?" I laughed