2: Graduation party

Michonne's P.O.V

"Well are you gonna go by there?" Andrea asked, while applying mascara in the bathroom mirror.

"No, I'm not interested." I said, stuffing the last bit of toast into my mouth.

"C'mon Meesh, he's a cop. It don't get much better than that, give him a chance."

"Uh uh, nope.."

"Why not?" she frowned.

"Because I just got out of a relationship with Mike.. I'm not ready for a new one."

She sighed and continued on with her mascara, "I'm not saying date the man, I'm just saying you should get to know him."

"why don't you get to know him?" I shot back.

"Oh no, Meesh, you know I'm seeing Philip." She laughed

"Oh yeah, that's right. When will I ever get to meet him anyway?"

"This weekend, in fact, my good friend Beth is having a college graduation party. I'm invited, everyone is invited. So, Philip is coming down from Woodbury to visit and congratulate her --- and you can meet him there." She smiled.

"And what makes you think I'm going to some stranger's party?" I scoffed

"Because you're my  best friend and you need to get out the house, starting with visiting Officer Walsh today."

I giggled and sipped from my coffee, "You can't make me."

She ran her fingers through her hair and looked at  me in frustration, "Meesh just please go."

As much as I didn't want to.... I guess I have to.
I hate seeing Andrea upset with me, I try to make her happy.. It's the least I can do for her,
since my son and I live with her and all.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Yay!" She smiled, "Well, since Andre is down for nap, I'll watch him until you get back home."

"..don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked

"Nope. why?"

"Well, you're getting all dolled up.."

"Oh, I'm video chatting Philip later." she exclaimed.

Are you kidding? She's putting all this makeup on just to video chat?

I laughed and shook my head at her.
I love Andrea, and I'm glad she and I get to live together now. She's been my best friend since as long as I can remember.

I grabbed my keys from off the dresser and my purse and headed out the door..

"Bye Andrea."

"Byee, have fun!"

how could I possibly have fun, talking to a guy who's interested in me, but I'm not interested in him?

I sighed and walked out the front door, to my car and cranked it up.

here goes nothing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you guys make a little note on the cups saying, 'Thank you for protecting us, Sincerely Michonne'?" I spoke into the intercom at Starbucks.

"No problem Ma'am,  how do  you spell Michonne?"

"M- I-C-H-O-N-N-E."

"Okay, I got you down for two double ristretto venti half-soy nonfat decaf organic chocolate brownie iced vanilla double-shot gingerbread frappuccino extra hot with foam whipped cream upside down double blend with one sweet'n'low and one nutrasweet. Does this complete your order?"