Thirteen

Jimmy

How could she tell that I'm planning to do something bad to her? I was laughing nuts when she said that. I took a sip of my coffee. The meeting finished quickly, now I can go rest.

"Fallon!" I turned back and saw Pixton running to me. "I didn't know you're here too." I nodded. "How did your parents react seeing the news?"  She smiled. "Oh. My dad?" She asked. "Yeah. Sorry about that." I said smiling a little. "He insists that he likes me to marry but, don't worry about that. He'll forget it in some time."  She looked at me. "Thanks for helping. Why did you agree?" She shrugged. "Don't think about it. Be the best late-night host, okay?" 

"Sure. Be a good reporter, I'll watch out for your career." We grasped each other's hands.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. "Excuse me, I need to take this." I nodded. She answered the call and she walked away.

--

Leigh

I ran through the halls and entered my Dad's room. I saw his body covered in sheets. I felt my tears roll down in my cheeks. "Dad!" I yelled. 

I heard someone chuckle. "Why would someone chuckle like that?" I mumbled. "Surprise!" Dad's body got up and I was jumping because of shock. "Dad!" I yelled. "The doctor said you collapsed! What was that for? I took a flight from New York for hours and then it's just a prank! Gosh!" He frowned. "Where is son-in-law Jimmy? He should come with you!"

"Dad. He is busy, I'm busy. Please." I sighed and left his room. "Doctor?" I saw Dad's doctor. "Why would you let him prank me like that?" I asked. "He made a joke of it? He really fainted." I closed my eyes, thinking that this is a dream. No, it isn't.

"I'm afraid that he has a brain tumor. His Alzheimer's won't be treated as well. He has six months to live life fully. I'm sorry, miss Pixton." The doctor said. "Can I bring him to New York? Taking care of him will be much easier." I asked. "Sure. We'll call one of our partner hospitals to inform them. We'll be the one to bring him there." The doctor left to call the hospital.

I sat on one of the chairs near me. I broke down, crying.

Dad is always been a great father and a mother to me. He wants to walk me to the altar as long as he is alive. He wants me to find a man who'll love me endlessly.

I don't know what to do without him. I worked at New York to save up money for his medication and also, to fulfill my dream.

"Dad. I told them to send you to New York for me to take care of you. I'll go back to New York, okay?" He held my hand. "Leigh, make sure that Jimmy will take care of you." I smiled and hugged him. "He will, Dad." I feel sorry for my Dad. He'll surely be mad if he knew about all of this.

--

I walked out of the bus and stretched. My ass hurts like hell, I sat in the bus for eighteen hours. That will surely hurt my ass.

Dad: Thank you for visiting me leigh. Next time bring jimmy

I broke down into sobs on the street and decided to go on the nearest bar to forget all of this shit.

--

Jimmy

"Are you not inviting Leigh to the gala tomorrow, sir?" Derek, my new secretary asked. "Why should Jimmy bring him?" Victoria, my secretary too, asked. "To show gratitide of pretending." I looked at him. "You know about that?" I choked to myself. "She told me. Promise, I won't tell." I just nodded. Why would he tell him? That woman.

"Why would Jimmy invite her? We're setting up the news that they broke up to finish this." I raised my hand to stop them. "Enough, okay."

"Are you starting to like her?" I looked at Derek, he smiled. "Would it be wrong if I do?" He winked and Victoria rolled her eyes.

I felt my phone vibrate and I reached for it. "Hello. Yes, this is her boyfriend." I honestly hate it.

--

"Miss, wake up!" The police officers tried to wake her up from the bench inside the police station but she won't.

She slowly opened her eyes. I looked at her. "Stand up." She was shocked, I can tell it with her eyes, and her jaw dropping.

"Jimmy?" She was about to yell somehing but I clapped my hand on her mount to make her quiet. "Thanks for calling, officers!" I fake smiled.

I took her out of the station with the help of my bodyguards. I let her retch in the bushes inside. I watched her. The more she throws up, it makes me throw up too. Yuck.

My bodyguards standed firmly as Pixton retched all the way.

"Sorry J-Jimmy Fallon!" She slurred as she stands up from throwing up.

"Why did you drink? Why is my number still on your phone? Delete it!" She just nodded and started to pout. Good lord, this woman is a disturbance. "I'm tired of people bugging me to be married." I mumbled to myself.

"What if we get married for real?" I saw her eyes widen. That will never happen. Especially, to this woman. "Please, Jimmy. Marry me!" She fell to my feet, pleading. "Stop it, Pixton!" I yellingly whispered.

She started to cling on my leg. "Marry me, please."

// Author's Note //

Thought on Leigh proposing to Jimmy?

Okay, so the past week is so stressful that I didn't sleep all wek because of examinations but thank lard for holidays!

I PUBLISHED THIS EARLY TF AHAHA

Detective_Fallon