Chapter 44 - Proud

Start from the beginning

"Alright well I'm going to run through a few songs so you got a little bit of time to think about it" Justin told me before winking at me and grabbing the mic back from Scrappy. I think I might practice the song with him. Only because there's only a few of us on the stage so I won't be too nervous. Plus, it might be fun.

***

I have no words. No words can describe this moment and how incredibly proud I am of Justin. Pattie, Ally, Scooter, Ryan, Chaz, Justin's father, Justin's grandparents, and I are all watching Justin perform from the front of the crowd. We aren't with the crowd, but there's this spot where no one from the crowd can go right in front of the stage so we are all standing here. We all are so proud of him. This show is amazing. I believe the show is half way through. The crowd is huge, obviously since the show was sold out. But the screaming and the cheering and everyone singing every single word to his songs, it's all amazing. I looked over at Pattie who had tears in her eyes from how proud and happy she is for Justin. I wrapped my arm around her waist and leaned my head against her. She did the same and I knew she started to cry a bit more.

"I hope he knows how proud of him I am" I heard her say over the music.

"Trust me. He knows" I said back to her loud enough for her to hear.

"Thank you for always being apart of this family" I heard her say. I pulled my head away to look at her. We both smiled wide.

"You're like a second mom to me. I love you and your whole family." I told her. She pulled me into a hug.

"Always. We all love you" she said then pulled away. Pattie is the sweetest soul ever. She raised the perfect gentleman. The whole family is so sweet. I looked back up at the stage and watch Justin sing and dance. I'm in awe.

***

"I was looking for you guys and almost lost where you guys were at because you're so short" Justin joked. My jaw dropped joking as everyone laughed. "I'm kidding!" He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me against him. "Maybe" he quietly said. I threw my head back and laughed.

"I'm not that short" I objected and he giggled. He's so damn cute. It feels like time was never lost and we have been together this whole time. I wrapped my arm around his waist and smiled. Right now, we are back stage. The concert ended about an hour ago and it was amazing. It was perfect. I'm so proud of him.

"I got you shorty" he joked again and made him self laugh hard. He wrapped both arms around me and fully faced me. So I wrapped my other arm around him too. "Okay I'm done. I'm done I promise" he said smiling wide.

"Good" I said back and he just smiled down at me. I felt good to be here with him. To be in his arms again. Just to stare into his eyes again. His eyes traveled to my lips quickly before his stare was back into my eyes.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you are here tonight. Tonight's a big deal for me so it meant a lot that you came" He told me. I felt my cheeks get a little pink.

"How could I miss it? I never missed anything that was important to you. All your hockey games, the Stratford singing contest, I was there for everything and I meant it when I said that I will continue to be there" I said back and now his cheeks were turning pink. He pulled me even closer so we were right against each other. Our faces are close making me nervous. I wish I knew what he is thinking or if he is feeling the same way I am.

"I don't know how I can just pretend to be your friend. This isn't as easy as we thought it would be" he quietly said to me.

"Well I think we're doing a pretty good job" I said with a laugh.

"Even when we're holding each other like this?" He asked me with a smirk.

"Well" I stopped talking and giggled.

"Even when all I could think about right now is kissing you?" He said in a serious tone as he glanced down at my lips again before slowly looking back up into my eyes.

"What's stopping you?" I asked him.

"That fact that we said we would just be friends" he told me. Now I just want to kiss him. So badly. I mean I have been wanting to this whole time, but now even more.

"I don't care" I said making him smile a bit. He moved one of his hands to my cheek and started leaning in. All butterflies came back. I'm excited to just feel his lips against mine again. And finally, I felt his lips slowly and softly press against mine. We shared a passionate kiss before he slowly pulled away and just smiled as he looked me in the eyes again. I knew my face was beat red and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. He rubbed his thumb on my cheek a little then moved his hand and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him tightly. I don't want to leave tomorrow morning. I wish I didn't have school.

***

Instagram

@jamiecollins: you can't take him anywhere!

894 Likes  |  Comments Disabled  |  Share