Chapter 23

Katniss POV

"Woah." I state looking at the landscape in front of us.

"Yes woah." Peeta repeats me.

We are staring at a huge building. Too big to be a bakery. A huge parking lot surrounds the bakery and porch. There is a small area next door where a park is being made.

Think and the workers did a pretty good job building this. It's huge. Has plenty of room for a carry out area, tables, kitchen, and even stairs that will lead to the working office.

It amazes me how far they've become being it only months since they started. The only thing now is decorating and all that stuff. Inside the almost finished bakery, it's all made of wood and dust.

"We just need to clean, do the decorating and add furniture." Them states.

"It looks good." I compliment.

"Good? It looks amazing so far!" Peeta smiles.

I laugh. "That's Peeta for you."

"I can see." Thom says as we watch Peeta looking around in amazement.

Peeta turns to me. "Thank you."

"For what?" I ask confused.

"For everything. For loving me back. Having faith in me to build this. For being an amazing girlfriend." His arms go to my waist.

"Well your so welcome." I wrap my arms around his neck.

Peeta leans down and my lips meet his. I smile into the kiss and twist my hands into his hair. We don't get that far when someone coughs.

"Uh guys?" Thom holds back a laugh.

My cheeks turn red as we pull away. "Sorry."

"No worries." He smirks before leaving. "It's good to see you guys happy again."

I smile and so does Peeta. Ever since we got back together, we have been happy. Really happy. This is probably the most happiest part of my life. Most of my life did suck and Peeta always seemed to make it happier again.

"Effie, Haymitch." Thom greets the two.

Haymitch nods. "This looks nice."

"Nice? It's so wonderful!" Effie squeals.

Peeta and I share a look before bursting out laughing. It's crazy how alike all four of us are. We did spend a bunch of years together. Even though we all have different personalities, we still seem to say the same things others say.

Effie said something alike that Peeta had only stated a few minutes ago. Haymitch said something like what I had said.

"But it looks so filthy in here." Our escort whines.

"No kidding." I reply sarcasm dripping in each word.

Haymitch high fives me. "Good one sweetheart."

Peeta laughs. "We're working on that Effie."

"Good. Next visit I take it better be good." Effie replies.

"Sure." I roll my eyes, not knowing what else to say.

"What do you want to do today?" Peeta asks resting his head on my shoulder from behind.

"I don't know." I whisper.

"I think I have a good idea." He responds.

I turn to face him. "What's that?"

"Come on, I'll show you." Peeta smiles at me and I smile back.

"Haymitch, Effie, we're leaving. Let yourselves out when your ready." Peeta tells them.

"You got it boy." Haymitch smirks. "Have fun."

I roll my eyes and Peeta leads me out the door. My mind wonders where on Earth Peeta could be taking me. Maybe it's the roof of the justice building?

I'm right. Peeta shows the man a pass and leads me up the stairs. A huge smile still sticks onto my face. Roofs still seem to be the special place Peeta and I go to.

When we are bored or just want to go up there. The justice building's roof seems to be the best one we have been on so far. Yeah the Capital's one was fine. Except it brings back too much bad memories. For Peeta and I both.

"Wow a roof, what a surprise." I laugh.

"Yes a huge surprise. Except I had this planned." He responds.

Now I can see he had it planned. The roof is covered with fun activities. A blanket with food is set up, a basket of balls and another filled with water balloons.

I smirk. "Ooh Peeta your evil."

"I sure am." Peeta smirks back.

"What first?" I think aloud.

"We should save water balloons for last." He replies.

I nod. So that's how it is the rest of the day. We eat and play with the big, bouncy balls. Then it finally arrives. The thing we both patiently wait for.

The water balloons.

The two of us wear smirks as we grab water balloons. Instead of fighting with each other, we go to the edge of the roof. Where we can look down at all the people waking.

We both share a look before throwing balloons at them.  Some get really mad and worked up. While others are the total opposite. They laugh and send us waves and smiles. Probably cause we are back together and victors.

Today was one of my best days.

Hey guys. Short chapter, I know.
But at least it's a chapter.
Please go check out my new Everlark book Come Back...Be Here.
The first chapter is up and it would mean a lot if you could check it out.
Anyway, please vote and comment.
I will update soon.
Madi :)

Word Count: 881