Year 3: I Don't Want To

Start from the beginning

"I said shut it!" Benjamin jerks his knee into Castiel's stomach. "We won't stop."

What the actual heck? What is their deal?

"You." Castiel grunts, struggling a bit more before Brianna shoves her elbow into his forehead, forcing his head back against the wall. "Ow."

"Willing to shut up yet?"

"No."

There's another pain in his gut, and, for the first time in ages, Castiel whimpers."

"I think we broke him," Brianna grins excitedly. In what world is this fair? He's 7, they're freaking 11. Tougher, bigger, evil-er. Cas has no chance.

"If I tell you that you did, would you stop?"

Benjamin shoves Castiel to the floor, kicking his face. Castiel feels the pain in his nose and cheek. He winces in pain, not daring to make another noise. "Stay down."

Castiel obeys, finding no point in trying to fight back. He doesn't even know how to fight back. Dean knows, but Dean never taught him. Castiel never saw the need. He just took his beatings like anyone should. Fighting back only makes them angrier. He learned that the first time he was approached by someone like them. What's the word? Bully. "P... Please, stop."

"Shut up."

"You shut up," Dean's voice rings. Castiel can't help but look at the boy. There are two Deans. No, no, that's just his vision.

"Oh, look. It's Buddy Boy to the rescue," Benjamin sneers.

"Dean—" Castiel is cut off by a tiny kick to the throat.

"You are doing this to a seven year old boy! What in the right mind tells you that is okay?" Dean is seething, staring at his friend. "Leave him alone."

Benjamin narrows his eyes. "You got a lot of nerve. You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Mr. Lewis!" Dean calls, a smug grin on his face. He crosses his arms, approaching the twins. "I don't know what I'm getting into, but you just got yourselves into a lot of trouble."

All of the color drains out of their faces as they turn around and begin running in the opposite direction. "Not so fast. Ben, Bri, office, now." Mr. Lewis stood in his all of his authority, and the two lowered their heads. "Dean, go get the nurse."

"I can walk." Castiel attempted to push himself up, whimpering, "Ow."

"Castiel, don't try." Mr. Lewis stares at the lump on the floor. "You are a good kid. Don't hurt yourself, more."

Dean leaned down beside Cas. "I'll be back, Angel," he playfully smiled. Cas could tell that Dean was still worried. They had only been friends for two and a half years, and Cas knew him so well.

Castiel nodded, wincing at the slight movement. "Thank you, Astro."

"Not today, Cas." Dean pursed his lips. "It's just Dean, today."

Castiel pondered that statement for a few moments, barely noticing that Dean had sprinted to the nurse's office. There was only ten minutes of school left when he had. The day had been quite fast. Plus, it was a half day, so when Castiel was carefully plucked from the floor and taken to the office, the bell was three minutes from ringing. "Just get some rest, sweetheart," the nurse smiled. "Your parents will be here, shortly." She turned to the dirty blonde boy who sat in the other part. "Dean, you better go if you want to catch your bus."

Dean's reply was a simple, hoarse,

"I don't want to."

The nurse glanced at him, drawing her eyebrows closer together as she frowned. She gave him a questioning look. "Dean—"