Chapter Eight

Zayn's POV

I sat silently on Niall's bed along with him and Liam. We weren't doing anything, just sitting quietly and staring blankly at the wall, like what we've been doing for the past week. I finally spoke. "Wow. He's actually gone." Liam sighed and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I can't believe this," he whispered. "I thought he'd make it, you know..."

Niall sniffled and I tugged at him. He didn't hesitate and buried his face into my side. He was always the sensitive one. "Louissss!" he wailed. I patted his back and let the two boys warm me up. I felt goosebumps start to raise as I thought of the last day with Louis.

"I think I'm sick," Louis coughed, pounding on his chest. Harry pulled him onto his lap and nibbled his ear. I grinned. Aw, they were so cute. "Harryyy," Louis whined, squirming. "Not here!" Niall giggled.

I glanced at Liam. He shrugged. "Aw, it's alright, Lou. You've known us for three years now," I said, slapping him on the back. He winced and Harry frowned at me as he cuddled his boyfriend.

"Hey! My baby's sick. Leave him alone!" He hugged Louis and pecked his cheek quickly. "How're you feeling, Lou?" he asked.

Louis snuggled into Harry's chest. "I dunno. Feeling kinda cruddy," he said. "But I'm fine, I'm fine." Liam nudged me worriedly. I brushed him off.

"C'mon, Liam. He'll be fine. Probably nothing but a cold," I grumbled, leaning back in my seat. "You know how dramatic he can be."

"Yeah, so dramatic," Niall echoed.

Liam looked nervous as he inspected Louis. "I don't think so," he whispered. "I think it's something worse than a cold." I shrugged. He always worried so much.

Louis sat up and ran his fingers through his now messed up hair. "Zayn, I think... I think all of you guys should know..." His voice trailed off as he played with a loose thread. Harry looked concerned and he leaned in close to Louis.

"Louis, what's wrong?"

Louis looked away, biting his lip. I started to worry. What if Liam was right? We all stared at Louis. He finally looked at us and gave a weak smile. "Uh, I'm gay," he said.

The room was filled with unsure laughter. What was really wrong? "Louis," Harry said, his brow furrowed.

The small boy squeezed his eyes shut. "Okay, okay. I have-"

"A girlfriend?" Niall gasped, nearly falling out of his seat. He had a thing for situations involving Harry or Louis with females. "Oh, Louis! I'm so disappointed-"

"No, no!" Louis looked embarrassed and he blushed. "Uh, I have... I have cancer," he whispered.

Everyone sat in silence. Of course, Liam broke the silence with a fatherly speech. "Louis, oh my gosh! How long have you known this? You should've told us! You're older than us! Dear god, Louis, you brain dead idiot!" He slammed a fist down onto the table and I jumped. I couldn't help looking at his bulging arm though, and I reddened as I inspected his body. What the heck am I doing?

Louis looked like he was about to cry. Harry glared at Liam and put a protective arm around Lou. "Louis," he said gently, "is it serious?" He planted a comforting kiss on Louis's cheek when he nodded. "Louis..."

My heart jumped. How much longer did we have with him?

"I... The doctor told me I needed to see him this week," he whispered, a tear slipping onto his cheek. Harry pouted and wrapped his arms around Louis. "Harry, please, don't make this any harder," Louis said, wiping the tear away and putting on a strong face.

"Louis, you-" Harry stopped and sighed. "How much longer will you be here?"

"Probably two months." He sniffled and looked down at his feet.

"Lou!" Liam gasped, standing up, shocked. "I just- you're- oh my god!"

I pursed my lips and rubbed my temples. I had to leave before I started crying. "Louis, you're-" my voice cracked and I rushed out of the room, my vision blurring. We couldn't lose Louis. We just couldn't.

A/N: :-((((( yeah that's all i got lol :-(((((