Chapter Five

Rachel's POV

Harry towered over me, his body being racked with sobs he refused to let out. I patted his back and waited for him to calm down. He finally stopped and backed up from me, wiping away a stray year with the back of his large hand. "Harry, what's wrong?"

He sniffled and rubbed his nose. "I... I thought I heard Louis in the bathroom. Singing to me. He keeps popping back up into my mind, and, and..." Harry sat down on the floor, holding his face and sighing loudly. I crouched down so I could look into his sad face.

"Harry... I know it hurts, but it's okay," I whispered, brushing a damp curl off his hot forehead. He stiffened and I withdrew my hand, nervous. Had he snapped? Then his broad shoulders relaxed and he moved his hands away from his head.

"I love him, Rachel," Harry said softly, hugging his knees. He looked like a little kid who had just lost their dog. Alone and broken. His normally joyful green eyes were wet and showed his pain. I nodded sympathetically. "I love him," he repeated, more to himself than to me. I straightened up.

"I'll go get you a blanket. Are you fine with sleeping on the couch?" I asked, pushing my hair out of my face. He barely looked at me but nodded, staring straight ahead. I got a soft quilt for him and set it down on my old sofa. "Sleep when you're ready," I called from the living room. A quiet noise answered me and I took it as an "okay".

I laid down in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I had Harry Styles in my home. My lips turned up at this thought. The Harry Styles had come to me in his time of need. I was being selfish, I know, but I couldn't help it. I spent hours tweeting him and blogging about One Direction. They were amazing, after all. It took all of my self control to keep from begging him to sing.

But Louis... My heart ached at the thought of him never being interviewed again, never singing another song. Of course I wasn't hurting as much as Harry or anyone who knew him personally. I imagined his family clutching his baby clothes as they went to bed, tears dripping onto their feet.

And Harry was so traumatized by his boyfriend's death. I turned over so my face was being pressed against the warm pillow. Poor Harry.

My thoughts switched to Hazel, who was probably thinking terrible thoughts in her hospital bed. A nurse was probably spooning watery food into her mouth. Or maybe Hazel refused to eat or drink until she was allowed to walk around a little. I smiled, imagining her old bouncy self running through the halls. Suddenly, I remembered how obsessed she was with Harry.

I shot out of bed and fumbled around for my phone. I dialed in the hospital number, something I was very familiar with. The phone crackled, then a friendly voice echoed in my ear. "Rachel?"

"Yeah, hi, it's me! Could you send Hazel a message for me, Diana?"

"Sure, I'll try."

"Great! Just tell her that Harry's here?"

"Harry?"

"Yeah, Harry."

"Alright. See you soon?"

"Of course. Bye, Diana!"

"G'night," the receptionist replied. I hung up and let out a deep breath. So many things to do. I collapsed on my mattress, suddenly feeling very drowsy. I glanced at the digital clock that sat by my bed. Only four o' clock? It felt like it was midnight.

I passed out then, the sunlight still warming my room, hearing Harry's rough voice wafting from the couch.

A/N: Ugh! Why doesn't he realize that Louis's actually there? :(