Chapter Two

Harry's POV

I stared up into the stunned face of a young girl, about seventeen years old. I realized that I probably looked terrible, my hair disheveled and eyes red from sobbing so much. I wiped my face with a sleeve and looked away, trying to stop myself from crying.

"Harry..?"

I pushed my hair back and let out a shuddery breath. "Yes, it's me," I replied. I stood up but my knees were shaking. I leaned against the wall, tears trickling down my face again.

"Oh my god. Are you.. Are you okay?" Her voice was soft and I shook my head slowly. No, I wasn't okay.

"No, not really. But I'll survive," I whispered, my breath catching in my throat. The girl gripped my arm and I hesitated before letting her lead me down the hallway into the waiting room. I saw what felt like millions of people stare at me in curiosity, and I looked down at my feet, embarrassed.

We sat down in the corner of the crowded room and I felt a hand on my thigh. "It'll be okay... I know that we don't actually know each other, but I can tell how much you're hurting," the girl said softly. "I- I'm hurting, too. Maybe we can relate?"

I looked into the girl's eyes and saw the pain for the first time. Real pain. Like the kind that filled my body. She looked at me sympathetically and waited. I decided to tell her. She seemed nice enough. I held my face in my hands and the words came rushing out. "Louis died. He was diagnosed with cancer, and he never told anyone, kept it to himself. Until last week. He was really fragile, more than usual, and got really sick. I brought him to the hospital and he told me. He was really a nice guy, you know. I loved him," I whispered, my voice trembling as I recalled the past week.

"Louis? As in Tomlinson?" The girl's voice was surprised. I nodded weakly. "Oh. I'm sure he loves you, too," she said quietly. I sniffled and smiled.

"He does. He loves me. And I still love him, wherever he is now." I felt a sharp pang in my heart as I remembered I could never talk to him again. No kisses, no cute giggles, no snuggling under the covers when it got cold.

"Of course. My name's Rachel, by the way." The girl extended a hand and I shook it politely. I studied her face. It looked familiar.

"Oh!" I gasped. She looked at me, worried. "You.. you remind of Lou," I said, more to myself than to her. She raised her eyebrows.

"How?"

I squinted at her so she became blurry. Yup, she definitely looked like Louis. "I dunno. Your hair. And your lips, and your voice is a little bit like him, too," I came up with. Rachel grinned. Even her smile reminded me of Louis. It was bright and lovely.

She suddenly looked serious and glanced down at her wrist. She cursed under her breath and stood up. "I gotta get to work," Rachel muttered. I realized I would never see her again and a wave of fear and desperation overcame me. I grabbed her arm anxiously.

"No, please. I need you right now."

Rachel looked at me sadly. "I would, but I really have to get to work," she apologized. I didn't let go.

"Then I'll come with you, please. Don't leave me," I begged. Don't leave me like Louis did, I thought. She furrowed her eyebrows in thought then gave in.

"Okay. But I'm not sure you'll be safe."

"What?"

"I work at, um, Starbucks. Shocker, right?"

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned. How typical. I loved my fans, but young girls who went to Starbucks and were hopped up on fangirl juice (or coffee, whatever you call it) would absolutely maul me, especially without a bodyguard. "Alright, alright. It's okay. Let's go," I said.

I laid down in the trunk of Rachel's small car, my large figure cramped in the tiny space. "She keeps me warm," Rachel sang softly, turning into the parking lot of Starbucks. I felt tears start to build up as the lyrics echoed in my ears and I remembered my last Christmas with Louis.

I sat on the couch, watching X Factor and wishing all the contestants good luck in my head. It was the middle of the singer's audition (which wasn't that amazing, to be honest) when the heater turned off. I laid shivering on the sofa, hugging myself, too lazy to get a blanket.

"You cold, pumpkin?" I looked up and saw Louis smirking at me from across the room in a T shirt and boxers. I grinned and sat up.

"Yeah, Lou. I am," I replied, rubbing my arms. "Aren't you cold? You're barely wearing anything."

Louis headed over to me and plopped down next to me. I leaned against him and put an arm around his shoulders. "Merry Christmas, babe," I whispered into his ear. I planted a kiss on his cheek and made sure my curls tickled his face.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Harold. I love you," Louis answered, glowing as he snuggled into my side. He kissed my neck and laid his head down on my lap, warming my body with his. "Ooh, X Factor. Remember bootcamp?"

I smiled as I remembered it, us giggling in the bathroom stalls and cuddling while watching the other boys dance. The best part was having our lips pressed against each other so much. "It was fun," I said absentmindedly, playing with his brown hair.

Louis straightened up and put his face in front of mine, blocking the television. "Want a memoir?" he whispered. I felt my ears grow hot and I bit my lip.

"Of course."

He pushed his lips against mine and sat on my lap, wrapping his thighs around my hips as we kissed, forgetting about the show. It involved a lot of lip tugging and heavy breaths. When we finished, he set his head back on my lap again.

"This is the best Christmas ever, Lou," I murmured, stroking his cheek.

"Absolutely," he replied, turning so he could look at my face. "I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: Soooo? Did you like it? :D I hope you did, bc my feels almost killed me while I was doing the Christmas scene. Ugh poor Harry :-( Vote if you ship Larry~