Chapter Four

Louis's POV

Ugh. I blinked and sat upwards. I was sitting in an unfamiliar apartment and everything was foggy. "Hello?" I said softly. Nothing. I got up and began to walk around, scared but curious. Worn out books were strewn across the floor and a cold breeze blew in from an open window. My Toms squeaked against the scratched up wood floor and the eerie silence filled my ears. I wish Harry was with me. I imagined him holding my hand, singing and bouncing around.

Harry. My heart rushed and I whirled around. Where was Harry? And where was I? My vision was blurry and I fumbled around in my pocket for my glasses. I slid the black frames onto my face and took in my surroundings. There was a pizza box on a table and the air smelled of cheap perfume and coffee. I wrinkled my nose at the familiar scent. Yuck. I hated coffee. Eleanor sure liked it, though. She was nice, but nowhere close to my Harry.

I pictured her face, the pretty brown hair and sharp chin. I admit, I may have started to actually like her, but then Harry popped into my mind and a warm feeling filled my body. Harry Styles. I smiled and absentmindedly bumped into a wall. Ouch. "Hello?" I said loudly.

The faint sound of a shower reached my ears and I headed towards it. It led me to a closed door. I reached for the handle, but ended up stumbling through it. I landed on my butt and squeaked. What just happened? I looked at my small hand nervously. Was I a ghost? I swiped at a shampoo bottle and my fingers passed through the plastic. Oh my god.

I covered my mouth and shrieked. I was dead. Suddenly, the day came rushing back and I remembered.

I was laying in bed, my eyelids fluttering and my body starting to feel cold. I tried to stay awake as Harry rubbed behind my ear, tears dripping onto my arm. "Stay with me, please," he whispered, squeezing his eyes shut.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and groaned. "Harry... I love you," I said softly, starting to drift off.

"No, Louis! Please!" He buried his face into my stomach and sobbed, holding my hand tightly. "I can't have you leave me yet, please!" He began to sob and I forced my eyes open as his shoulders shook violently.

I raised my hand weakly and brushed his curly hair off of his sweaty forehead after he raised his head. "Harry..." I stopped when I felt another sharp pang. He looked at me, eyebrows furrowed, sniffling. "Don't forget me. I love you," I whispered, feeling my life slipping away. My hand dropped from his face and I let out my last shaky breath.

It was hard to believe Harry was only nineteen... And I was older than him. He had always protected me. Three years. Three years we had been in love. Only three years. And it had to end like this. The last thing I heard was Harry screaming," No! Not yet! Louis!" He shook me and sobbed loudly. Then I died, and his tearful face was burned into my memory.

I wiped tears away from my eyes and looked up when I heard the deep voice coming from the shower. I gasped and stood up. "They don't know about us," the voice sang quietly. Harry. It was Harry. I sat on the countertop and stared into the shower where he stood, looking up into the water.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw him. The water trickled down his chin past his bird tattoos. I wanted to touch his face and tell him I was there. I stared at him rubbing his face with the hot water and biting his lip. God, he was beautiful.

"Harry," I sang. "Harry Tomlinson." I was disappointed when he didn't hear me. He turned the shower off and stepped out, dripping wet. I looked away and blushed. I had seen him naked before, of course, but he deserved his privacy. "Harry," I said, smiling and swinging my feet after he draped a towel over him.

He looked around with wide eyes. I almost fell backwards into the sink. He could hear me? "Harry?"

"Who- who is that?" He started to shake.

I nearly screamed. "Louis! It's Louis!" I cried. Harry looked nervous, then relaxed. He ignored my other screeches and did the thing with his lips I always fell for. You know, when he rubs them with his fingers.

When he clothed himself, he shook his head so droplets came flying off his ringlets. "Must be hearing things," he muttered, running his fingers through his hair. I felt like crying. He didn't know I was there.

I followed him down the hall into what seemed like a kitchen. A figure shifted and then came into my view. My heart dropped when I saw it was a girl - and a pretty girl, too. With shiny brown hair and sweet brown eyes. I watched as Harry hugged the girl, shaking and whispering something.

I took a step back, a horrible feeling rushing over me. He had moved on.