The Glooms in the night

Bashful and Queen Delightful were snuggled up next to each other in bed. Bashful rested his head on her chest. Bashful could here her gentle heart beating and the rise and fall of every gentle breath the Queen took. He checked on her and soon realized she had a smile on her face. Man, he loved her so much. Bashful soon fell back asleep until the shooting up of Queen Delightful woke him. "Oh Bashful I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to wake you!" The Queen said. "Why did you shoot up?" Bashful asked. "I h-heard a noise." The Queen stuttered in fright. "Oh, it might be sir Yipsalot." Bashful said. "Bashful sir Yipsalot is in his bedroom, he never leaves it at night." Queen Delightful said. "Squire peckington?" Bashful asked. "He's in my hat." The Queen answered. "Starchy?" Bashful asked. "He'd never leave his room without a nightlight stone.....um let's go ch-check." The Queen stuttered. Bashful could feel the Queen shaking and rubbed up and down her back. "Shh, shhh, hush, my delight, please calm down, it was just a noise, there is no one in the castle, if there are, I'll get em." Bashful said.

"If it makes you feel better my love, we can go check on Starchy." Bashful said. "Thank you." Queen Delightful said. Bashful kissed Queen Delightful sweetly on the nose and led her out the door with him. The married couple went out in the hall to Starchy's room. He was sound asleep. "He's asleep." Bashful whispered. "Oh." The Queen whispered. The two went back to their royal suite and hoped back into bed. "What is somebody's in here!" The Queen whisper shouted in fright. "There is no one here." Bashful said. "A-are you sure Bashful? I keep hearing noises." Queen Delightful said. "Yes, now go to sleep, this isn't good for someone as good as you to be frightened this way." Bashful said kissing her cheek. "Thank you." The Queen said. "I'll hold your hand, will that help?" Bashful asked. "Oh yes, thank you." Queen Delightful said. Bashful put the queen's hand in his and the Queen drifted off to sleep easily. She woke up within two hours and heard the noise again. She was afraid but didn't  want to wake Bashful. She checked the grandfather clock. It was 4:47 AM and she wanted to go to sleep.

Bashful woke up from a dream to an empty spot on the bed. "Emerald?" Bashful asked. Bashful grabbed a nightlight stone and checked for the Queen in the hallway. She was there checking the clock. "Emerald." Bashful whispered. "Yes?" Queen Delightful answered. "Please come back to bed." Bashful said. "I was just checking he time." Queen Delightful said. Bashful took her hand and led her back to the Royal suite.

"I heard the noise again." Queen Delightful said as Bashful sat her down on the bed. "Please stop worrying, it's not good for you." Bashful said. "I can't." Queen Delightful said. "You usually aren't worried my dear." Bashful said. "What if the Glooms try to kill me." Queen Delightful said. "Oh, if they are, they'll have to go through me." Bashful said. "I don't pwant them hurting you either. "It'll be worth it if your alright." Bashful said.

Queen Delightful embraced Bashful. "Thank you." She said. Bashful kissed Queen Delightful on the cheek. "I'd never let anything happen to you." Bashful said. "Let's get some sleep." The Queen faced the ceiling and shut her eyes. She heard a noise coming from her bedroom door. "Bashful, wake up, someone opened the bedroom door." Queen Delightful said.

Bashful got up and went to the door. Nothing. Bashful then saw a bigger shadow behind him causing the Queen to scream . Starchy shot up and ran into the suite. Bashful and the Queen were cornered. Starchy rushed to the Bing bong bell and called the 6D. The 6D came rushing into the castle. "Starchy what's wrong?!" Grumpy asked. "The Glooms!" Starchy exclaimed in horror while screaming and running around in circles. The 6D rushed to check on Bashful and the Queen. They saw that they were cornered. "Leave our Queen alone!" Doc shouted. "What about your little hider?!" Hildy asked mockingly. "Him too!!" The all shouted. The Queen blocked Bashful. "Oh, I like a feisty Queen." Hildy mocked. Hildy waved her wand and zapped the Queen. She was shocked. "You still won't harm him!!" The Queen breathed.

Bashful got in front of the Queen. "You won't hurt her anymore!!" Bashful shouted. "Now beat it!" "Sorry greenie." Hildy said zapping the Queen once more. Bashful let Hildy have it this time. Hildy was about zap the Queen but Bashful ran to her punching her in the nose. Then he went to Grim punching him in the nose. Bashful ran over to the Queen who was slowly regaining her strength. "Emerald?" He asked. "Yes?" He Queen answered a little stronger. "Are you going to be alright?" Bashful asked. "Yes, don't worry." The Queen said kissing Bashful's cheek. The Queen slowly got up but kept falling. Bashful carried the Queen bridal style up to the Royal suite. Luckily the Queen was able to get herself in bed. Bashful hope son and gently held her hands.

"Tell me you truly will be alright." Bashful soda. "Yes, I will, you worry to much Bashful, please stop, it's not good for you." The Queen said. Man he loved her for being so positive. Even in the darkest hour, she could bring a smile to someone's face. Bashful always adored her positive personality, without her, he couldn't smile through the dark. So if he were to loose her, heaven knows what'll happen.