제14장

CHAPTER 14

The student council met up at lunch as always so we can continue with prom stuff.

"You never told me you liked BTS," Jung Kook said with that stupid overused smirk of his while we were setting up the decorations that were probably from the $2 store.

"You never told me you acted fake in front of a camera when in real life you're actually a jerk," I said, "why the hell do you pick on me anyway?"

"Hmm," Jung Kook said as if he was deep in thought, "if I drag you down by picking on you, I'll be able to become top in the class."

I snickered, "don't worry, by the end of next year, you wouldn't have to worry about taking anyone down."

"Oh right, you're leaving," Jung Kook says, "why are you even changing schools? It's gonna be the last year anyway."

Jung Kook's P.O.V

"Because," Ji Young said, "I'm tired of you. After I move I don't have to suffer anymore."

She's tired of me? She doesn't have to suffer anymore? Was I really that harsh to her?

I stayed quiet, unable to respond as well as being deep in thought. How has she reacted to my absurd actions over the past few years?

----------

"Hey, maknae," Nam Joon hyung said as he saw me spacing out in the practice room, "you okay?"

I sighed, "hyung... Have you ever bullied someone before?"

"Well, yeah. I guess it was just my younger self being immature, why?"

Immature... I'm definitely immature.

"Did you feel guilty when you realized how much you were affecting that person?"

"Of course I felt guilty!" RapMon said, "are you okay? No one's bullying you right?"

I chuckled, "you sound like my dad."

"Hey, I'm serious. Is everything okay in school?"

I sighed once again, "there's... This person in my class, they get bullied a lot, and it's happened to them ever since middle school. They're moving schools next year because they didn't want to get bullied anymore."

"The person who bullied them realized the wrong that they were doing and they felt extremely guilty about it, they want to apologize to them, but they know how extremely stubborn the person is and they probably won't forgive them that easily. What should they do?"

"Jung Kook..." RapMon said, "are you sure everything is fine in school? You're not getting bullied right? Or are you bullying anyone? You can tell me anything."

"Hyung, just answer me, please?"

"OH MY, IS THE MAKNAE FINALLY USING MANNERS TOWARDS HIS HYUNGS?" I heard J-Hope yell from across the practice room.

"Stop screaming, will you?" Suga said.

I rolled my eyes before turning to face Nam Joon hyung again.

"Well..." RapMon said, "there's nothing wrong with trying. The bully should just go ahead and apologize to them, if they don't forgive them, the bully shouldn't try to make the person forgive them, but they should at least make sure the person knows how much they're sorry and that the bully understands what they've done."

It took me a moment to process all of that information before speaking, "right... Thanks hyung."

"No problem kid," RapMon said before patting my shoulder and getting up, "don't hesitate to tell me if there's anything wrong, alright?" I nodded in response.