•pre-game jitters & her•

(Aquantis' POV)
Today was my off day, but it was also Scooter's first game. It started at two and it was ten o'clock now. I got up from my bed where I was currently looking through my Instagram. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and walked to the kitchen afterwards to make some breakfast. As I ate I heard the door and stood up to go answer. I opened it to reveal the baseball player himself. "Hey Scoots."

"Hey." He walked in and I furrowed my eyebrows as I closed the door. "Scooter, are you okay?"

"Um..yeah, why?"

"Well, you usually always greet me with that big smile of yours. You're not nervous about your game, are you?" He looked at me before quickly looking in a different direction. "Hey, you'll do fine. You've practiced with the boys a lot and there will be more practices after. The boys will be there as your team and they'll support you too." I said softly to him to calm his nerves. I held his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"How do you always manage to help me feel better?"

"I don't know, but you shouldn't be nervous. You and the boys worked hard to prepare for this first game and I won't let your nerves get in the way of that."

"Just like my mom, haha."

"Well, she'd probably say the same thing to you." I said as a small smile made its way onto my lips. "Now, why did you decide to pay me a visit?"

"Oh! I brought over my jersey for you to wear. I forgot to give it to you the other day at practice."

"Oh, thanks." I took the jersey from his hand and held it out to look at it. "Nice, number 21."

"Yep."

"You're too cute." I said as I pinched his cheek. He lightly slapped my hand away and I laughed. "I'm not cute, I'm hot."

"Yeah, and only cute boys say that."

"Shut up."

"Haha, I'll be back, I'm gonna change and then put on this jersey of yours. There's some left over breakfast if you want some."

"Alright." I walked down the hall to my room and shut the door behind me. I grabbed a pair of my dark jean shorts and put those on and a white camisole. I slipped on the jersey and tucked the front. I fixed my ponytail and left out some hairs to frame my face. I put on my white vans slip-ons and walked back to the kitchen. "Hey Scoots, what do you think?"

"About what?" He turned around and his mouth hung open.

"Does it look okay?"

"Now, look at the one whose nervous," he laughed. Then he stood up from the chair and walked towards me. "You look beautiful."

"Are you sure?"

"You don't have to question it. Now, I might have to hide you from the guys."

"Oh, shut up, I'm not that pretty to have boys fall for me." I said as I walked passed him to grab a glass of orange juice. "I don't know, wait till after the game, the guys might say something to me during the game about how beautiful you look."

"Right..."

"Anyways, I'm gonna get going. The guys wanted to practice a little before the game starts."

"Alright."

"I'll see you.."

"Before the game starts."

"Alright, bye Cutie." He kissed my cheek and walked out the front door.

*time skip*

I drove down the road and I was almost at the field they would be playing at. Once I arrived, I found a spot and parked before getting out. My phone starting to ring and I answered it and thought it was Scooter. "Hey, I'm here at the parking lot."

"Aquantis?"

"Oh, Valerie! Hey, I thought it was Scooter calling."

"Wow, how often do you guys speak?"

"Shut up!"

"Why can't you guys be together already? It's killing me."

"Because.."

"Because..?"

"Just reasons."

"Right."

"Anyways I gotta go, I see him coming so bye!"

"Wait-" I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket. I walked towards the front where I saw Scooter waiting in his uniform. "Hey, you came early."

"Yeah, didn't have anything else to do."

"Well, we can walk around the field and stuff or I could show you around."

"Sounds good."

After we finished we walked back, hand in hand, and saw the boys. "Hey guys!" I screamed from down the hall.

"Oh, look it's loverboy's girl."

"Shut up!" The boys laughed and I gave a hug to Liam since he was the only one I knew well besides Scooter. "Whose she?" I heard a unfamiliar feminine voice say. I looked up and saw a girl not that much shorter than me. "Hi, I'm Aquantis, nice to meet you."

"I'm Scarlet." I smiled at her and she pulled a small smile before it widen when she saw Scooter. "Oh my gosh, Scooter! It's been so long."

"Yeah, hey Scarlet."

"I told you, you can call me Scar." He nodded and the boys started going to the field to get ready since the game was gonna start soon. "Hey, I'm gonna head out with the boys now, I'll see you during the 7th inning."

"Alright, should I meet you near the fence?"

"You got it, Cutie. I'll call you over."

"Alright."

"Good luck kiss?" He pointed to his cheek and I stood on my tippy toes. I lightly kissed his cheek and stepped back a bit. He smiled at me and started heading to the dugout. I turned to head over to the stands and saw Scarlet was still there. "Oh Scarlet, I didn't know you were still here."

"Yeah, well I was."

"Sorry about that."

"Whatever, have fun watching the game."

"Uh, you too." I walked over to the stands and saw lots of people seated already. I found a place by the fence so it'd be easier to walk to Scooter during the 7th inning. I sat down and looked down at the dugout and saw him looking around the stands. I giggled lightly and saw him spot me before waving. I waved back at him and gave him a thumbs-up. Well, looks like I have to get used to this.