•roomies, picnics & old wounds•

(Aquantis' POV)
I rolled up my small suitcase up the small steps and still saw everyone behind me. "Come on, guys, hurry-"

"Oh, you kids are here! How are you?!" I heard from behind me. I slowly turned around and was met with Cubby's parents. "Oh, um...uh... Hi Mr. and Mrs. Guggenheim."

"Hi, you must be Aquantis."

"Uh, yeah." Valerie came up beside me and I stepped aside. "Hi, I'm Valerie." I heard Valerie say.

"Oh, we've heard so much about you from Cubby." His mom said.

"Mom!"

"Oh, don't deny it." I hid a giggle and felt another presence beside me. I looked over and saw Scooter. "We should get you kids inside so we can assign your rooms. A few of our other family members are staying here too." His dad said, while leading us into the house.

We all walked up to the second floor where all of us would be staying. "So there aren't much rooms so you'll have to share." Mr. Guggenheim said. Valerie and Cubby looked over at Scooter and I and we simply shrugged. He showed us the empty rooms and Scooter and I chose the one to the right. I walked in and put my suitcase on one side of the bed. "Well, looks like we're roomies." I heard from behind me. I turned around and sat on the bed. "Yep, looks like we are." He dropped his bag, then face-planted on the bed, causing me to giggle a bit. "Tired?"

"Very much so." I heard him mumble into the bed. A knock was heard on our door and I told the person to come in. "Oh, hey Val, what's up?"

"Nothing. Scooter, could I steal Aquantis from you for a bit?"

"Alright just have her back before two."

"Wait, are you serious?" I ask.

"Yes, I wanna take you somewhere."

"Alright, I will." Valerie answered him. I get up and follow Valerie out of our room. She takes me and we go to the back and sit on the grass overlooking the lake. I immediately lay down and sigh, looking up at the sky. "It's so nice here."

"It is, so how have you been holding up?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, with Scooter."

"I'm fine, maybe it was just a little phase I had."

"Oh."

"Why?"

"Nothing." For the next couple minutes we sat there and enjoyed the environment we were in.

*time skip*

Assuming it was close to two, I got up and headed back inside. I headed upstairs to the room, so I could freshen up a bit. I opened the door and saw Scooter laying on the bed on his laptop. "Hey, I came back on time." I said, while opening my suitcase. "Yeah, what are you doing?"

"Gonna freshen up a bit, what should I wear?"

"Something comfortable."

"Alright."

(Scooter's POV)
After she was ready, I took her hand and lead her downstairs. I went into the kitchen and grabbed the picnic basket and a blanket. Then I took us outside and walked into the woods near by. I had found a spot that was perfect and decided to bring her here. "We're having a picnic in the woods?"

"Yeah, but it's worth it, trust me." I said back to her, she smiled and nodded. I looked forward and saw we were nearing the spot. I let go of her hand and laid the blanket on the ground. Then I set the basket on the blanket and sat down. "It's so beautiful." She said as she looked around everything surrounding us. "Yeah, it is." I said smiling at her. She turned back around and came to sit down beside me. "So, what did chef Scooter decide to make for our picnic?"

"Well, let's see," I opened the basket and started pulling out the contents inside. "I've made us some sandwiches, I cut some fruit and I brought some drinks."

"Awesome." She reached for a sandwich and we both started eating. After we both finished we laid down and looked at the clouds together. "So, have you been up here before, Scooter?"

"A few times whenever Cubby invited me. I found this spot before and I just came here whenever we came up here. So, I decided to share it with you."

"Oh, I feel so special now."

"Well, you should be." She smiled and turned to face the sky again. The sun hitting her face perfectly making her light brown eyes shine. I sat up slowly, breaking my gaze from her. "Do you wanna go walk for a bit?"

"Sure." We both stood up and gathered everything. She took hold of my hand and I smiled down at her. I held the basket in my other hand and we both started walking around.

*time skip*

(Aquantis' POV)
Once we got back I went upstairs while Scooter went to the kitchen. I took a quick shower and changed into some pjs. I just got out the bathroom from changing and Valerie immediately pulled me into a office-like room. "Valerie, what are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"Seriously?"

"Look you probably don't notice, but I think- no I know you like Scooter. Why is it so hard for you to admit?"

"It's not."

"Oh c'mon, you were fine when you told Colton until he-" I looked up at her and felt my face start to get hot and tears welling in my eyes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought him up." I shook my head and took a few deep breaths. "I'm gonna head back to my room. I'll see you in the morning."

"Aquantis, I'm-"

"Goodnight, Valerie." I left the room we were in and into my shared room. I saw Scooter laying on the bed. "Hey, where were you?"

"Um, I was talking to Valerie."

"Hey, are you ok?" I turned around and faced him and felt those feelings rush back to me. "Scooter, can you just cuddle with me tonight?"

"Yeah, c'mere." He held his arms open wide and I climbed into the bed beside him. He turned the light off and slid his arms around me. He placed a kiss to my head and I sighed shakily. "Whatever it is, Aquantis, it'll be alright. I'll be here."

"Thank you, Scooter." I slowly closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.