•nicknames & meeting her parents•

(Aquantis' POV)
It was one of my days off and I was hoping to just relax until I heard my phone ringing on the night stand beside me. I took it off the charger and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Aquantis, sweetie, it's your mom."

"Oh, hey mom, what's up?"

"Nothing, but your dad and I were gonna stop by maybe for dinner?"

"Oh, um..sure that's fine. Do you want me to make anything specific?"

"Uh no, make whatever you like, honey. We just wanted to come visit you since it's been a while."

"Yeah, I understand, I'll see you guys later then."

"Alright, bye." After she hung up I got up to go get ready for the day. After I was done getting dressed I went out to the kitchen and opened the fridge to see what could make for tonight. I had some frozen vegetables and some eggs so I could make some fried rice, but for the main meal I'd have to go pick up some stuff. I went back to my room and grabbed my wallet, phone and put on my shoes. I grabbed my keys on the way out and made my way to the store.

After parking, I walked into the store after grabbing a basket and looked around for something to make with the fried rice. I decided to make some pot stickers since I already had the fried rice. I got the ingredients and went over to grab some lettuce for the salad. After paying for everything I went back home.

I set the groceries down and put my wallet and keys back in my room. Once I got back to the kitchen I heard a knock at the door and went to go answer it. "Aquantis! Hey."

"Oh, hey Scoots, what's up?" I said, while letting him inside. I closed the door and made my way into the kitchen with him following. "Nothing much really, just came by to see what you were up to."

"My parents are stopping by for dinner so I'm gonna start the salad so I have that already made. Then I'm gonna start on the pot stickers."

"Whoa, you know how to make pot stickers from scratch?"

"Yeah.."

"Can I help make some?"

"Sure, I'll teach you." He smiled then sat on the island as I started mixing the salad. After I finished, I put some wrap over the bowl and put it into the fridge. "So Aquantis, what will we be doing until you start cooking?"

"I don't know, do you have an idea?"

"Um...we could walk around at the park that's near here."

"Hmm...seems alright, let me just grab my house keys." He nodded and I walked back to my room. I grabbed them off my dresser and walked back out to meet him at the door.

*at the park*

We walked around a bit and saw a few kids at the playground with their parents. I smiled at the sight and thought of the times I spent with my parents when I was young. "So anything new happen since the wedding?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Scooter ask the question. "No, not really, just went back to work. What about you?"

"No, I mean I did buy a few more things for my apartment." I nodded and looked and saw a perfect spot to sit at. "Hey, let's sit over there." I grabbed his hand before he could answer and took him over to the nice shaded area by the tree. "This is a nice spot." I finally heard him say after we sat down. I closed my eyes and let the slight breeze blow through my hair. I opened my eyes and saw Scooter looking at me. "What is it?" I said with a small smile. "Nothing." I playfully squinted my eyes at him and he lightly chuckled.

(Scooter's POV)
While we sat we stared out at the view of the midday rush of people and cars. She laid down, her hair in waves around her. I sat with my arms supporting me, I looked around until I spotted a small chunk of little flowers. I looked down at her and she looked back up to me. "I'll be right back, ok?"

"Alright." I got up and walked over to the flowers and picked out the one in full bloom and walked back over to her. I laid down next to her on my side using my arm to support me. I placed the flower by the hair on her temple and smiled at her. "There, looks beautiful." She smiled and we both looked at the clouds through the holes in the tree.

*preparing dinner*

(Aquantis' POV)
We made it back to my apartment and I started getting everything ready to make the pot stickers. "Hey Scoots, can you help me cut some vegetables for the pot stickers?"

"Sure, dimples."

"Dimples?"

"Yeah, I'm still working on your nickname."

"Why 'dimples'?"

"Well you do have dimples which makes your smile cute." I turned away from him to hide my flustered self. "Wait, cute..." I continued cutting the green onions, while I heard Scooter muttering to himself. "Cutie!"

"Huh?"

"That's what I'll call you."

"What for?"

"Well, I..um..-" I heard the door and went to go open it. "Mom, dad. How are you?"

"We're great pumpkin, hmm, I smell chicken."

"Yeah, we're making some chicken spot stickers."

"We?" I heard my dad question.

"Yeah, Scooter come here!" I heard him come over to the area by the door and he greeted my parents. "Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Carter. I'm Everett, but you can just call me Scooter."

"Hi, no need to be so formal just call me Sovanny." He smiled at my mom and nodded. He turned to my dad and stuck his hand out to him. "Sir." My dad shook his hand before saying, "Just call me Kenny."

"Great we all got through introductions, so mom, dad just have a seat in the living room and Scooter and I can finish dinner."

"Are you sure? I could help, sweetie."

"It's alright, mom." I smiled at her and had Scooter follow me to the kitchen. I heard him let out a breath and I turned to him. "I don't think your dad likes me."

"Don't worry he'll warm up to you."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, now we should finish cooking."

"Alright." I smiled at him and we both continued cooking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) a little bit of part 2 will be in the next chapter and I might post it soon after this one. How are you guys liking the story so far?  Let me know in the comments and I hope you enjoy this story