ZERO

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

ZERO; TOGETHER

     "RACHEL, REBECCA, meet your new sister."

     Sarah held out her bundle of joy as two identical faces peered over to see Penelope Black, the newest addition to the family.

     "She's small," Rachel commented, poking Penelope's nose softly. Rebecca pinched her side, stating she might be hurting the baby.

     Billy smiled softly at his two girls, ushering them away so he could help Sarah into their home. The woman whispered quietly to Penelope, who was staring up with wonder in her eyes. "Welcome home, Penny."

     "Reckon we try for a boy next time?"

     Sarah scoffed as Billy set down the duffle bag they brought to the hospital. "We just brought home a new baby and you're already wanting to fulfill your shapeshifter dreams." Although Billy adored his two — now three — daughters, he always wanted a boy in case he became the next alpha.

     Sarah made her way through the house before entering the newly-painted nursery. She was engulfed by the color pink and set Penelope down in her crib. "We painted Rachel and Rebecca's room a dark blue. Think we should've done the same for Penelope?"

     "No." Billy kissed her temple sweetly. "Look at her. She's practically screaming that it's her favorite color."

     Billy stared down at his daughter, a smile painted on her face as she tried to take in her surroundings. Suddenly, they heard a crash in the living room and a wail filled the air. Billy sighed.

     "Rachel, Rebecca, what did you do?"

     When her husband left, Sarah held her finger down for Penelope to grab with her hand. The child laughed with delight when she felt Sarah's touch.

     "Oh, Penelope. You're going to make a lucky guy or gal very happy someday."

penelope is a sweet sweet angel