Chapter 2

Sophia's POV

Tonight was Shannon's birthday. She's been my sister since as long as I can remember. We grew up together in Brooklyn. We were always getting in trouble together or partying all the time. There is never a dull moment with her. She's always been there for me. The least I can do is attend her party tonight. It will be nice to go back home to Brooklyn. I should stop to see my mom & baby brother anyway.

I moved to the upper east side of New York so I can be closer to work. I live in a penthouse. Shocking isn't . Who would have thought a little girl from Brooklyn would grow up to be smart to receive a BA/Masters in business finance. I'm still in school going for my law degree online. I bring home a 520k yearly salary,  making me the top highest paid PA in New York. I have everything I always dreamed of having when I was a little girl. I always wanted to have a life where I could live comfortable & independent.

I remember the days that my family didn't have much. My father struggled with heart problems. My dad was in and out hospitals. My mom working 3 jobs to pay bills, keep a roof over our heads & food on the table. We were so blessed to have so much support from family & friends. When my dad became really sick everyone wanted to help our family in anyway and they could because everyone loved my dad. He was a great accountant. He helped so many small businesses get started, manage business accounts, help high school graduates to get to college. He was very involved within the community. He loved people & people loved him. I can't believe it will almost be 4 years since he died of heart failure.

----------------------------------

"Here's the last report you requested sir" I said handing Mr.Bombay the report.

"Thank you Ms.Daniels" he said simply

"Anything else you need me to do before I leave?" I asked

"No. I will be ok" he said simply

"Ok, if you need me just call me, Good night and I'll see you in the morning" I said walking back towards the connecting door to get in my office. I grabbed my stuff and headed home to change into something comfortable. I decided on a pair of jeans, a sheer army green shirt and some wedges. I then I made my way to Brooklyn.

I arrived at my mom's house to find my baby brother Josh in the living room playing his PlayStation.
He didn't even notice me coming in & walking towards him. He's 13 going on 30. I love my baby brother like I gave birth to him. We are super close. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him or anyone else in my family.

"Hi Jojo" I said bending down to hug him.

"YAYA !!! hey what are you doing here?" He said excited. He paused his game and gave me a hug.

"I'm going to see Shannon. But I wanted to check on my mom & baby brother." I said to him.

"Oh I thought you were coming to bring me presents" he said joking

"No not today. How was school? & wheres mom?" I asked him

"Upstairs taking a shower. She's about to cook. School sucks." He said

"I don't care if it sucks, I just need to see all a's and b's on that report card....hey I texted you Saturday why didn't you text me back?" I asked

"I didn't get a text from you. If you did I wouldn't have gotten it because we took grandma to the doctors. That took forever and there was no service there" he said giving me his alibi