Aftertaste

When I wake up in the morning the room is clean and Shawn is gone.

I walk down the stairs to find no one around.

Looking out the window I find them all saying goodbye to Shawn who is about to get in a car headed to the airport.

On impulse I run outside causing everyone to turn and look at me with my unkempt hair and pajamas.

Everything thing that happened yesterday rushes through my head as I start running to Shawn.

My mind is saying stop, but my heart just says keep running.

Soon I stand right before him.

It doesn't take me long to decide what to do and suddenly I pull him into a kiss, a kiss full of love, sadness, and anger.

He kisses back with the same passion as everyone just stands there in shock.
I pull back once I've decided the kiss has lasted long enough.

"It'll Leave you with the memory...and the Aftertaste." I state taking a step back as he stands there in shock.

"We've got to go Shawn." John states snapping Shawn out of his trance.

Shawn turns around and slowly gets into the car, shutting the door tightly behind him.

Everyone except me waves one last time before he drives away.

I watch as the car disappears down the road, I can hear everyone freaking out about what just happened, but I ignore it and start walking without them.

About halfway home I decide to go to the rock and give my family a chance to calm down.

I walk through the woods silently, not wanting to disturb the peace.

Once I get to the rock I climb up with difficulty, when I get to the top I notice a guitar shaped package with a letter attached to the top of it.

I move closer to see that the letter has two small words written in the middle.

For her.