Good morning to you too Todd.

What was that? I’m supposed to go inside his room? Well. Okay.

As I crossed the path towards their front door, I noticed a bike leaning against one of the garden walls. Huh. Funny I didn’t notice that before. But with the looks of it, I can say that it’s not new.

I did what Todd said. I went inside, tiptoeing, just being careful because when I glanced at my wristwatch, the time was only eight in the morning. Hopefully, I wouldn’t wake the house up.

When I was there already at the front of his bedroom door, I suddenly hesitated. Should I knock? Or just let myself in?

Oh for goodness’ sake. He told me to let myself in, so I’ll do that.

And with that, I turned the door knob to his room.

I slowly pushed the door open to not wake him, just in case he slept again.

But he was not sleeping. He was wide-awake and dressed to go out.

Those hypnotic eyes stared at me. Even as he was sitting there on a small chair, I can see that he sleep didn’t come to him last night. I was starting to regret letting him go. He clearly was in need of someone who cares.

“Hiya sleepyhead.” I sat on the floor in front of him. “I decided not to give you back the wine and flowers. I like ‘em and I’ll keep them. If you don’t mind, I mean.”

“Of course I don’t mind. I brought those for you, and I’m not going to get them back even if you did bring them here.” He gave me a playful pat on my head and mussed my hair.

“Hey! That’s not fair!” I protested as I stood up and did the same to his hair.

“No one messes with my hair!”

“Apparently, I did, and so did you to mine. I guess we’re even then.” He laughed and it finally dawned on me that I really can’t avoid him after this. He makes me feel like myself whenever I’m around him and though he has kissed me twice already, I still feel comfortable. It’s like I’m feeling a special kind of friendship.

“So, you love bikes huh?” I wanted to make some small talk so I asked him about the bike I saw a while ago.

“Yeah I love them. But how did you know? I don’t even have one. The whole family doesn’t own even a single bike. The only thing closest to a bike that you’ve seen me ride is Matt’s Harley.” He shot me a look of confusion.

“And one more thing, my last bike was when I was still ten years old. How did you find that out?”

Now it’s my turn to get confused. I tried to shake my head.

“Huh? Then what’s the old bike doing there in your garden?”

“What bike?”

“Oh come on, you’re kidding me right? There’s a bike outside. If you don’t want to believe me, fine. I’ll show you.”

I pulled on his hand and forced him to get up.

“There,” I pointed it out, “That’s what I was telling you.”

Only, it wasn’t the same bike I saw a while ago.

Standing in front of us was a brand-new mountain bike, with no rust, dirt or scratch in sight.

“What the hell? That’s not what I saw a minute ago.”

I tried to blink, hoping my eyes were only playing a trick on me.

Todd, apparently wasn’t paying the slightest bit of attention to me. He knelt in front of the bike and examined it.

“Cool. I have always wanted a bike like this.” He said. More like to the bike itself rather than me.