The Rebel <5>

This one is kind of long. I just needed to find the perfect ending spot and I did :D

Anyways, enjoy!

_____________

"Kill her."

Madison let out a scream as General Five lifted his weapon up in the air. You laid as still as you could until the last minute. Then you rolled out of the way letting the axe bury itself into the asphalt. Bits of the road exploded up, pelting you, but you jumped to your feet in a swift motion and ran towards the king. General Four looked outraged as he lifted his shield to attack you, but as he swung out you jumped and pushed yourself off the top of his shield landing behind him. You dropped to your knees in front of the king and the entire area froze as the two of you locked eyes.

"Get away from-" General Four began to yell, but you cut him off.

"Please! Madison is- My little sister is in that crowd!" You cried, "Just let her go! Please!"

"That is a crowd of rioters and rebel allies." Xemnas spoke smoothly. His voice was deep and held a tone of authority.

"She's only eight years old!" You yelled back, "She's a student at CONTROL Elementary School! Please, just let her go!"

"Which one is she?"

"The blonde. The little blonde girl." You pointed back at her. She had been shoved towards the very front of the crowd. Xemnas glanced over at her for a second.

"Sisters, you say?"

"Please, your highness." You begged. "I'm on my knees. I'll do anything, just let her go."

"That entire group is sentence to die. Would you take her place?" He asked simply. The entire group began to scream in protest. You glanced back at Madison. You could see her tears as she shook her head. Her small body racked with sobs.

"Yes. In a heartbeat, yes." You replied giving her a small smile.

Xemnas chuckled, "Grab her."

General Four grabbed you by the arm roughly and pulled you to your feet. He pushed you away from the king as General Five held your other arm. You were held tightly between them.

"It's going to be ok, Madison. I promise. You're going to be alright." You called out to her with a smile. She was still crying and shaking her head.

"No, [Name], you can't." She managed to say in a shaky voice.

"I love you, kiddo. Don't watch. Take care of Levi and Bobby for me alright?" You took a deep breath and gave her a bright grin hoping to calm her nerves.

She wiped dirt and tears from her face with the sleeve of her shirt. It was crumpled and still too big for her. Even with ash and blood caked in her blonde hair it still curled around her small face.

"Now." Xemnas's voice said loudly.

Madison opened her mouth to say something when the building around her exploded. Your heart stopped in your chest as tons of concrete blocked her from your line of sight. Time slowed as noise ceased to exist. You stared at the pile of rubble that not only buried around 30 humans, but also buried Madison. Your Madison. The eight year old little girl who had wormed her way into your heart and soul.

You didn't scream.

You didn't curse.

You just stood there staring at the rubble.

Nothing moved.

All was still.

She was gone.