Conflict 20: Resume

Start from the beginning

"You miss dating?" Francis asked.

She turned at him and after a few obvious attempts to lie she gave in with a nod, "Yeah. I mean just, just a date and nothing more"

"Didn't Denmark take you out once?" Gilbert stated.

"What?" Toni and Francis asked with a strange odd feeling squeezing their chests.

"Yeah but that... that was different. It was fun, but the main reason I agreed was because he wouldn't stop following me. So when he sneaked inside my apartment I figured 'What the Hell, just one date'"

"What?"

"Nothing. It's nothing" She shook her head and resumed eating.

The three exchanged glances and Francis spoke "Why don't we take you out on a date?"

Now it was her turn to say "What?"

"Yeah" Gilbert nodded "It'd be great"

"No, no" She whispered to Francis "Won't that be weird?"

"Course not!" Toni answered "C'mon, chica. You'll love it!"

"Oui" Francis agreed "We can take you out, we're gonna have a great time and you'll forget about this entire bombing incident"

"That reminds me" Gilbert spoke "You have any idea who could've done zhat?"

"Actually, I... no, no I can't think up of anyone who'd hate me that much. There has to be some mistake"

"Well, you know what" Francis rubbed her arm affectionately "Whatever happens, I—we're here for you"

"Thanks" She smiled at them before they continued eating.

Name was weaving her hair into a long fishtail braid when someone knocked on the door. While finishing off her braid with a black tie, she heard footsteps from outside the bathroom.

"Bruder?" She heard Ludwig, "What are you doing outside?"

Name slid inside her black pea coat and slung the beige strap of her purse over her shoulder before making her way towards the brothers.

"I'm here to pick up my date" Gilbert said but then saw Name "And here she is"

"What?" Ludwig turned to see Name all dressed up.

"Good evening" Name greeted faux formally.

"Good evening, Name. This" He pulled out a bouquet from behind him and gave it to her "is for you"

"Oh, Gil! They're my favorite" She took the flowers gratefully, "Thank you. I'm gonna go find a vase for this. I'll be back" She said as she walked away.

Ludwig had a serious look on his face when he turned to Gilbert "What are you doing?"

"Taking her to a date?" He shrugged innocently.

"This no time for jokes"

"I'm not joking, I am taking her out on a date"

"Where are getting to with this? She's not just some random girl you scored from a bar, she's our friend so you can't—

"Okay, I'm ready" Ludwig was cut short when Name approached them again

"Great, let's go" The Prussian offered his arm and Name hooked hers on it.

"I'll see you later, Ludwig. I made you supper, it's in the fridge. I hear you like potatoes" She waved goodbye as Gilbert led her out, leaving a wide-eyed and speechless Ludwig by the door.