Demonic?

' "Stay away from that Nathaniel person. I know you must be thinking I'm crazy for saying that, but I have known him a lot longer than you, and I a trying to say that he is not trustworthy and is also, you could say, demonic."'

'What did he mean by that? Why should I stay away from him? He seems a nice enough guy, right? I mean, he helped me on the very first time I was here, didn't he?' You were sat in class on your second day, but was so distracted be your thoughts to realise you were being called upon.

"(Y/N), (Y/N)! (Y/N)(L/N)!!" You immediately snap out of your trance-like state. "Y-Yes miss?"

Your teacher sighs out of frustration, "You need to pay more attention, you have a lot of catching up to do, as you joined us in the middle of the semester."

"Yes miss!" You say, trying to push your thoughts out of your head and concentrate on your work. You look around the classroom, to try and see Harry but he hadn't turned up to class today, 'That's strange... I wonder if he is still embarrassed about yesterday. Is he ill? I don't know but I'm really worried. I told him it was fine so-'

"(Y/N)! Do I need to tell you again?" Your teacher now had a very irritated look on her face. 'Slap out of it (Y/N), concentrate on your work.' You told yourself, 'You can worry about him later.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After class~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you walked out of the classroom, you saw Nate waiting for you. He gave you his usual smile, but you saw that the look in his eyes didn't match the look on his face. His eyes looked almost... what's the word... insane? Yes, lets go with that. You ignored that however, and went to have lunch outside again.

"Why don't we have lunch in the forest today?" He asks, still with that look in his eyes. 'She's playing right into my hands.'

"Erm... okay?"

During your time at lunch, you noticed slight changes in his behaviour, changes that most people wouldn't even pick up on. "Hey, do you by any chance know what is wrong with Harry? He didn't turn up to class today." He turned to look at you, still wearing his 'signature smile', but you could see fury and maybe even hate in his eyes. "No, why would I know where he is? And why are you so bothered about him anyway?"

After he said this, you got sick of him acting weirdly and snapping at you, "For goodness sakes Nate, what the hell is wrong with you today!"

Nate looked taken aback by this, but then a deranged smirk was plastered on his features. 'I knew it, she is the one that we have been looking for. I won't give her back though. I am going to keep her all to myself. I am very good at lying anyway.'

He started to walk closer to you, but he looked unsteady, as if he belonged in an asylum or something. You started creeping back, out of fear, you just wanted to get away from him. Unfortunately for you, you backed up against a wall. Nate was less that 3 metres away from you now, there was no chance of escaping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I need to help her, but I cannot get there in time unless... No I can't... But he will end up hurting her, I can't allow that.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nate had you backed against a tree, and you started to regret not listening to Harry's advice as you stared back into Nate's red eyes. 'Wait... red? His eyes were blue before... weren't they? Oh no...'He let out a maniacal laugh, which caused you to shrink back in fear. Then you remembered the incident yesterday. 'I could try to read his thoughts, like with Harry yesterday. What is he thinking? My pet? What the hell? I'm all his? I think there must be something wrong with this guy.' You soon saw that he had changed into another being, he had 'horns' on his head and black, bat like wings, sprouting out of his back. 'Is this guy... a... a demon?'

He suddenly covered your mouth with a cloth. 'Chloroform? What the...? Why is he trying to knock me unconscious? His thoughts are so mixed up I can't tell what he is thinking anymore. The only thing is, they are all about me being his.'

Struggling and kicking against him, you were holding your breath for as long as possible, but you knew it wasn't going to be long before you needed to breathe again. Just before you needed to breathe again, a bright flash of light appeared out of the trees and threw Nate off you. You then collapsed to your knees, coughing and gasping for air. After you had regained your breath, you looked up to see Nate lying unconscious on the floor beside you and Harry standing there, holding his hand out for you to take.

You took him up on his offer, still shocked at now knowing Nate wasn't human. You start crying into Harry's chest from all the shock, 'How stupid could I have been?' "I-I am so sorry Harry, I should've listened to you and now..." To his own surprise, he started stroking your hair while you cried into his chest. "I thought you meant-"

"Hey, calm down, it's okay. Thank god I got here in time to help you. I'm sorry I wasn't earlier. That's all I can say." He pulled you away from his chest to wipe your tears.

Then it hit you. "Wait... where did that huge flash of light come from?" You saw him avert his gaze slightly before he answered, "What flash of light? Are you sure it wasn't the chloroform playing tricks on your mind?"

You weren't really satisfied with his answer, but you let it slide. Trying to change the subject you asked, "Why are you always wearing that hood? Stop trying to hide yourself away all the time." You pull the hood down, 'I'll ask him about this whole thing another time.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez... That is a long chapter. I hope it gives you more of an idea about the guys. Till next time, Yuuki-chan xx