Brothers In Hand

I walked to my house persuming Devin would be hiding there. I walked in and saw him sat on the sofa and many ben 'n jerrys ice cream pots surrounded him. "Thanks for saving me some" I joked to try and lighten the atmosphere. He laughed "This is what I do I'm sad but usually I have this beautiful girl who I am in love with to cuddle and I feel a million times better but not today" I looked at him and he looked back with sorrow filled eyes. "I am so sorry Devin, I did kiss her and she was hurting this isn't her fault". I confessed. He looked at me carefully. "I know, I said we shouldn't fight and then I just walk out, she wouldn't want me now" he said quietly. I wanted to slap him but he resembled me in my first argument with Chris and I told Ju he would need someone better and she told me otherwise. "Devin, she loves you and only you-" I got cut off as his phone rang. It was Chris, Devin put him on speaker. "Ricky with you?" he asked without saying hello. "Yeah, we were just talking" Devin said. "Fair enough, Ju and him made up and she's gone out and I found a letter she wrote to you whilst you were gone and it's the cutest thing ever" he laughed. "Read it then!" Devin said. "Dear Devin, my beautiful husband to be. We have been apart for three weeks and now you left me again and this time I fear it is forever. I wrote this to be ready for your passing if you did leave me but I have faith in you. When we first met, when my eyes connected with yours and our lips touched, I felt something I had never felt before. All of my hopes and dreams combined into this feeling that was in my stomach. When you asked me to date you, I thought to myself. Surely this amazing man doesn't want to love me? But you did. Everyday after that when I came down to the field with Chris or Ryan and you took me in your arms and I felt like I belonged in your arms. As we grew together I learned more about you and I know you better than I know myself. When you proposed it felt like all this deep fear that you secretly hated me left my body and I felt free when you put that ring on my finger. When we moved in together and that first morning in our house I turned around to see your gorgeous blue eyes looking back at me. I smiled one of my purest smiles. Seeing you look back at me with love in your eyes made me feel the luckiest woman alive. The words 'I love you' are thrown about a lot these days and honestly? Those three words don't describe my feelings to you. Hearing your voice whisper beautiful things in my ear is my favorite thing on earth. Your voice is my calming charm. When we were apart for three weeks I felt empty like I was missing parts I didn't work properly without you. Then you were at my door stood with my best friend and I saw your eyes pour into mine and I felt myself go back to the first time I met you. Knowing I couldn't have you back was the worst pain I have ever felt. Then when me and Ricky got home and I heard the words 'Devin' and 'hospital' I felt my whole world just collapse. Seeing you in hospital, lying there and no trace of life in your body killed me. Even if you do recover I will never recover. I hope you recover because I couldn't fuction without you. If you do go, then know this. You were the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you Devin Sola for being my last piece of the puzzle. Forever yours, Juliet". Chris finished. I had cried halfway through and Devin all of the way through. "That was so perfect, I need her back" Devin whispered. "Brothers stick together and I have a plan to get her back. I'll be home in 10 minutes" he hung up. Devin looked at me tears fogging his bright eyes. "How did I find her Ricky?" I smiled. "Because you are destined, you are her soul mate I know it". He stood up and hugged me. "Thank you so much" I smiled again, everything was working out.