Dead Memories

I stood at the viewing window watching Juliet sleeping on Devin's chest and her hand rested on his thigh. Chris stood by my side "It looks awful in there" he sighed. I felt awkwardness creep into my heart. "It does, I know he will pull through though". I hoped he was having the same expierence I had and so Mitch would send him back. I looked at my arm which was now a canvas of colour and ink but underneath it I saw the white lines of the time I got beaten up and had the word 'Fag' engraved in me. Chris took my arm and traced my ink. "I miss you Ricky, come home?" he asked me gently. I looked deep into his chocolate eyes, the eyes that made me fall in love. "Now isn't the time, we need to support Ju" I said. I wanted to forgive him but not yet and I played the guilty card. He nodded as he pulled me close to him. "Ok" he smiled. I smiled too but then got distracted as Ju began to stir. I walked in the room and she gave me a small smile. "Hey" she whispered. "Hi, how are you feeling?" I asked. "Better, he looks better too" she smiled at Devin. She kissed his head "Morning baby, I had a good sleep you know I dreamt about that day you proposed and it was so lovely because when you wake up we will be getting married" she smiled again. I tried to smile to comfort my friend. Ju finally let down her guard "I'm not better Ricky, he is here because of me" She sighed. "He's not don't worry, Chris felt that too when I was here" I told her. "Can I hang out with Chris, I want to ask him how he felt. Would you mind?" I smiled. "Of course not and I'll look after Devin" she hugged me "Thanks". She kissed Devin's hand. "Bye my love" she whispered as she left. I was so scared she was going to break.