Chapter 6

“Greyson! What are you doing?!” I said as I helped Greyson stand up.

“What am I doing? What are you two doing?!” he said patting his clothes as Cody points at him.

“You know this guy?” he said to me and I nodded.

“Yeah,” I said “Cody, this is Greyson, Greyson this is—”

“Cody, I get it.” He said “I’m going back to your house.”

“Wait,” Cody furrowed his eyebrows “You live in one house?”

“Yeah,” I said “We’re close friends. I better go now with Greyson. Thanks for today Cody.” I said and held Greyson’s arm.

“Okay,” Cody said “Goodbye.”

Greyson and I walked silently towards our house and when we arrived, I made him sit down and tried to scold him.

“What the heck was that?!” I said as he folded his arms.

“Now it’s my fault?! You two almost kissed!” he said as I raised my eyebrows.

“Which I had no intention to do! And besides, why are you so mad about it?” I said folding my arms as he stayed silent “Why won’t you answer fairy pants?”

“Fine, I like you okay? I like you more than just a friend. Ever since you moved here in this place, I watched you every single day of your life since you were just a child.” He said as he moved closer to me “I’ve seen how you loved fairies with all your heart even if you’ve never even seen one. I was the one who makes those jingling sounds when you sleep. All of the fairies in fairy town know how much I like you so they approved my request to be with you even just for a week. That’s all, you happy now?”

I stayed silent and he looked down.

“Well,” I started “I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry for doing that. I never knew.”

“Well, are you mad at me?” he said in an innocent voice.

“No, of course not! You’re the one who’s supposed to be mad at me.” I say as he poked my nose.

“I’ll never try to be mad at you.” he said as he looked deeply in my eyes and we both smiled at each other.

After that, I counted ourselves for dinner and we both ate. As I prepared for the prom, I got a text message from Cody.

From Cody:

Yeah, I was supposed to ruin your life at prom. Thanks to that friend of yours, he ruined my plan. Everyone knows that I’ll be your prom date. What will happen if they know that I won’t be there? Embarrassment is the word.

That evil little brat! He set me up! What the heck am I going to do now? I have no prom date for tonight! I stared at the text message and Greyson held my shoulder.

“Are you okay?” he said as I shook my head slightly.

“No,” I said with a cracking voice “That evil little brat set me up!”

“Who?” he said.

“Cody! He set me up! He won’t be going to prom to embarrass me in front of everybody!” I said in a loud voice.

Greyson made me sit on the couch and looked at my royal silky pink dress for prom.

“Hey,” he said “How about me? I can be your partner.”

“You can?” I said as he nodded.

“Hey, I know how to dance! I think I can wish Mary Fairy for a fast delivery of a tux.” He said cheekily as I giggled.

“Well,” I said “Do it fast knight in shining armor!”

Later on, I started putting some light make up on and fixed my hair in a clean braid. I put on my white and light brown heels and got ready. I was looking at myself at the mirror as Greyson went behind me and I saw him on the mirror as well. He’s so dang handsome! He’s wearing a white and black tux and did his hair up! He really looks 100 times more handsome that Cody and the popular!

“Whoa,” I stared at him in awe “You look—great!”

“Nahh,” he chuckled “You’re beautiful.” He said as I smiled and took a glance at the clock. 7:12 p.m. Oh-oh. We’re late!

“Well, we’re getting late so better go and get a ride!” I said as we both went off to the prom’s venue.

We arrived at the venue at almost 7:30 since it’s a bit far from our flat. When we arrived, Greyson held my hand tightly and I can really feel the coolness of his touch.

“Is it me, or is it your fairy nervousness making you nervous?” I joked as he nodded.

“Both,” he said as I stroked his hand with my thumb.

“Don’t worry,” I said smiling at him “You’re gonna do fine.”

He nodded and we both got in the function room. As we walked down the way, people actually stared at us in awe. We ignored them as we sat down at our table. We ate and did whatever until, the moment we’ve all been waiting for, the dance occur.

“W-Wanna d-dance?” he stuttered as I chuckled and held his hand.

“Sure,” I said as we both got on the dance floor and began to dance slowly.

We danced at the center of the dance floor. His right hand on my waist, his left hand on my right hand. We both danced slowly and we began to have a conversation.

“You’re a dancer?” he said feeling stupid of asking a weird question.

“Yeah,” I said “I dance with my friends actually.” I said.

“Well, you do good.” He said as he blushed.

“You dance well too.” I said as he looked at me.

“Thanks,” he said looking deeply in my eyes “You have black colored eyes. In fairytales, only beautiful maidens have black eyes and black hair, right?” he said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Really? Mostly of the princesses have blond hair and brown eyes.” I said unwisely as he chuckled.

“But hey, the most beautiful princess I’ve seen in fairytales is Belle. She has black eyes and black hair right? A true beauty.” He said as I blushed.

“Yeah, and Snow White. She’s got black eyes and black hair too right?” I said as he nodded in agree.

“Yeah,” he said “But you forgot one more princess.”

“Really? Who? Belle and Snow are the only ones who I know.” I said without knowledge.

“Here, she’s got long curly black hair, black eyes, fair skin and is jolly pink.” He said as I finally realized he’s referring to me.

“Don’t make me look stupid.” We laughed as he stroked a strand of my hair.

“Sunshine, if I’m going to say I love you, will you say it back?” he said blushing.

“Well, I guess.” I said.

“I-I l-love y-you.” he stuttered which made him look cute when he blushed.

“Teehee,” I giggled and pinched his cheek “I love you too fairy pants!”

By that, Greyson smiled so wide and lifted my waist up. When he put me down, he kissed my cheek and sang the Sunshine song again.

“Thanks for everything— Sunshine.”

After that, we became more than friends actually. We hang out and do whatever. Then, the week after the prom, Mary Fairy appeared in my house.