Shattered

We spent the rest of the weekend in bed, I was sore from head to toe but only in the best way. When it came time to leave the beach house I was upset. I enjoyed every minute of our little getaway and was already looking forward to the next one.

"Do we have to leave? Can't we just stay one more night?" I practically begged and Vincent shook his head.

"I'm sorry Anna but I have to get back to work." I felt a little piece of me shatter. I knew that we couldn't stay here forever because of his stupid family business but part of me wished he would have said yes to one more night. We loaded up the car and then left, I watched as the beach house got smaller and smaller in the rearview.

"I'm going to miss this place." I spoke after a few minutes.

"How about one weekend every other month we come out here and we can recreate this whole past weekend?" He asked me and I felt my heart speed up. I threw my arms around him careful not to bump the steering wheel.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I instantly felt better just knowing that we would still get some time away every once in awhile. I sat back in my seat and got comfortable for the eight hour car ride back home.

"I know how much you love it here and I just want to make you happy Annabelle." He gave me a wicked smile which made my core start yearning for his touch.

"You do make me happy Vincent." I smiled weakly at him. He grabbed my hand in his and held it the whole way home. Neither one of us really said anything just a few statements here and there. The silence gave me a lot of time to think, that in just four short months I had met someone who I cared so deeply for. It scared the living hell out of me. I thought about how close I had gotten to him, and his friends, and the girls. If you would have told me that day I got kidnapped that was going to be where I am now I would have laughed but now I couldn't picture myself anywhere else.

We pulled up to the house and I jumped out of the car. I started stretching and walking around so I could regain the feeling in the butt and legs.

The girls were all really excited to see me, they practically knocked me down as soon as we walked in the door.

"I have work to do Anna, go catch up with your friends. I'll see you later." Vincent said as he started to walk towards his office.

"Okay." I offered him a small smile. He walked into his office and shut the door behind him.

"So how was it?" Rachel asked my as she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Did y'all do it?" Bethany just about shouted jumping up and down.

"Tell us the details woman! You've been gone for three days! Spill those beans!" Sarah rubbed her hands together in anticipation.

"Whoa whoa slow down, one at a time. Hi how are you guys doing? Oh I'm fine thanks for asking!" I teased them playfully.

"Let's get a bunch of junk food and go lounge in the movie room that way we will have some privacy while we get all the details of your weekend getaway!" Bethany demanded as she went into the kitchen and grabbed an arm full of candy, chips, drinks, and other goodies. We all went upstairs to the movie room and plopped down and started munching on some of the snacks. I looked up and they were all staring at me waiting for me to talk.

"What?" I asked with my mouth full of gummy bears. I knew they were waiting for answers but I was postponing it for as long as I could.

"You know what, now spill!" Rachel pointed her finger trying to be stern in a playful way.

"What do you want to know?" I asked as I sat the gummy bears down on my lap. I decided it would be easier to get this over with, the sooner the better then they would stop asking questions.