Underground

Hello lovely readers! I am loving the amount of people reading my story! It's Saturday and today my mom is getting remarried after losing my dad two years ago! I am finally at a good place mentally and am so ready to continue on my writing journey! I feel like I'm getting better and better! Thank you all so much for reading my story hope you enjoy it :) P.S I don't know if any of you watch Game Of Thrones but I've been binge watching it that's why the updates aren't as often but have no fear because I am here!!
------------------------------------

I woke up later that afternoon with a splitting headache. I guess that's what crying for God only knows how long will do to you. I sat up on my bed and noticed there was a brand new iPhone on the nightstand with a bag of accessories to go with it. Vincent had already programmed his and all the guys phone numbers along with the girls numbers too. He put a fancy pink protective case on my phone and had it charging for me.

There was a note on the table I picked it up and read it.

Dear Annabelle,

My sincerest apologies for making you feel anything less than the angel you are. I know it's just a phone and it probably doesn't mean much but I hope it brings you some satisfaction in knowing that you are by no means trapped. I'm trying, just bare with me.

-Vincent

I couldn't stop smiling. I picked up my new phone and texted Nat and my parents letting them know that they had a way of talking to me and vice versa.

A knock on my bedroom door brought me out of the daze I was in. I stood up and walked over to answer the door. Matteo stood in the door way waiting for me to open the door.

"Good evening Annabelle, Vincent told me to have you get ready because you are going underground with us."

"What do you mean by underground?" I asked puzzled. I had no idea what he meant by underground.

"Yes mam. Wear something formal but not too formal. We're leaving at seven so be ready." With that he left me standing completely confused.

I took a shower and blow dried my hair. I decided to straighten it and pin some on each side back. I did my makeup natural with light mascara and eyeliner. I flipped through the clothes in my closet and settled for a floor length red dress with rhinestones around the chest area. Honestly the dress was probably one of the prettiest dresses I had ever seen. I lathered up in lotion and slipped into the dress. I choose silver rhinestone strap sandals to make the dress seem formal but yet casual at the same time.

I looked at the clock and noticed that it was time for us to head out so I walked down the hallway leading to the living room.

"Wow Annabelle you look lovely." Emilio took my hand in his squeezing it comfortingly.

"Thank you Emilio. You look nice as always." I smiled thanked him. I hadn't seen him around that much within the past few weeks which was odd but I chose not to ask because I was afraid I wouldn't like the answer. I was glad he didn't try to flirt with me like every other time we've been around each other. Vincent probably warned all the guys about flirting with me, who knows.

"Anna you look wonderful." Vincent took my hand and brought it up to his lips placing a light kiss on the top of my hand. It was a small gesture but it still made butterflies swim around my belly.

"Thank you, you look handsome." I smiled and gave him a small flirty wink. He gave me a quick nod and led us all out towards the Tahoe waiting out front. We all piled into the car and headed out. I had no idea where we were going. One thing I knew for sure is that I felt so weird being all dressed up with no idea where we were going. I hummed along with some of the jazz music Rubio had playing. Being around Italian guys who listen to Jazz music all the time made me enjoy the music myself.

We drove for about an hour or so before the car came to a stop. I looked out the window and noticed that we were outside of a gas station. I had no idea where we were or how we even had gotten there. I looked around confused because I didn't like not knowing where we were at. Anxiety rolled through me but I tried my best to compose myself to not look like a jackass. I stood there casually waiting for someone to make a move or some indication on what we were going standing outside of a convenient store.

Vincent started walking inside and we all followed him. The guys didn't look confused so I decided to trust them because they apparently knew what was going on. We walked inside the gas station and the cashier bowed his head towards Vincent as a sign of respect. There wasn't any customers in the store so Vincent led us towards the back of the store until we came to the back wall of the store. I was confused for a minute because Matteo started feeling the bricks searching for something. Once he found the brick he was looking for he pushed it hard and the wall suddenly flipped around. Like it actually opened like an old time bookcase that you see in the movies that reveals a secret room when you open a certain book. But instead of it being a bookcase it was a brick wall and instead of it being a book it was a brick.

Matteo led us into the room on the other side of the wall. Once we were all on the inside he pushed a button and the wall went back into place closing us inside the room. I looked around but I couldn't see anything. It was pitch black and normally I would have been freaking out but someone grabbed my hand and started to gently pull me in stride with them. I couldn't make out who was holding my hand I was just hoping it was Vincent. We walked down the long black hallway until we got to the very end and then Matteo opened the door but instead of there being another hallway there was not one, not two, not even three, but four flights of stairs. I was suddenly glad that I chose sandals instead of high heels. Thankfully the staircase had a light, granted it was a very dim light but I was still thankful to be able to actually see where we were going. My hand was still in Vincent's as we walked down the stairs. When we got to the bottom of the stairs me and my feet were very glad that there were no more stairs because I didn't know if I would have made it down another step without busting my ass.

At the bottom of the staircase was a big golden door with two huge bouncers one on each side.

"Good evening boss." They both nodded their heads as one of them opened the door letting us into yet another room. We walked inside and the sight in front of me left me speechless.