Chapter six.

I stared blankly at the face in front of me, not exactly sure what to say. He waited for my reply anxiously; I could already tell that the twelve pack of beer bottles was already weighing down his arm. "M-My refrigerator?"

He nodded. I could see the party in the background. The lights were flashing uncontrollably and people were gathered from everywhere to be here on a Friday night. "Yeah, we ran out of fridge space and these need to be cooled down."

He seemed so chilled out, not exactly drunk yet although, I knew he had at least a couple of drinks tonight. It was his party. "Uh, s-sure." I blushed a little and let him into the house. I really needed to stop the stuttering around cute guys otherwise I would be single forever.

He strolled into my house and noticed the kitchen straight away. I wondered why he hadn't gotten more than two refrigerators in his house, he was rich and he could probably afford it. There wasn't much space in my fridge, it only had milk, fruit and vegetables and other essentials.

"Nice place." He said, looking around before opening the fridge. I didn't know what to say because I knew he was lying. My house was not as nice as his big house but I think he was just being nice.

"Thanks." I said shyly, not sure where to stand. I felt awkward even in my own home, the awkward part was Jace being here and it made me a little shaky on the inside.

He opened the fridge and placed the beer right in the middle; I left the front door open and slowly strolled over to the kitchen bench that separated the living room from the kitchen. Once the beers were in the fridge, Jace closed the door and turned around with a thankful smile that sent shivers up my spine. "Thanks," he said coolly, "I'll pick them up later."

He was be coming back.

"Uh, no problem." I said with a small smile as Jace walked past me and out the front door. He closed it behind him and mom appeared in her bedroom doorway.

She gave me a smug look like she had witnessed everything. "Who was that?" She said in surprise while leaning against the doorframe and folding her arms.

"Just a guy from school, he needed to store some beers in our fridge." I explained, my smile grew even wider because something exciting just happened.

Should I thank the heavens now?

Mom appeared in the light and opened up the refrigerator, revealing the twelve pack of beers. "And did you tell his guy to turn the music down?" She closed the fridge and turned around, her smug still plastered all over her face.

"Of course not mom, it's Jace O'Connors! The most popular guy at my school who just happens to live across the road. I'm sure you were eavesdropping on our conversation and I couldn't even speak properly." I said with a dramatic sigh, hoping my life wouldn't be as stupid as this. Going crazy over a boy who didn't even know I truly existed in this world, how stupid was that? I couldn't get over him complementing my beanie and my house. My stomach turned happily and my face went a tomato red that only others could see.

"Ah, so you like this boy?" She said, her smug look becoming more like a smirk. I rolled my eyes and put my hands up in defeat, not wanting to have this conversation with my mother. Although, I would usually talk to her about these things but Jace was different.

"Pfft," I brushed her off, "no way! I don't even have the slightest chance with him. I have other things on my mind than some guy who wanted to use my fridge." I said with a blank look and mom knew that I was probably right although, she didn't say it.

"Oh, Avery," she beamed, "the right one will appear in your life like a wonderful dream and it might not be the most popular guy in school but he'll be popular to you and that's all that counts." I always loved to hear mom's little speeches that magically came out of her mouth.