Chapter 2: Omelets

I wake up when I smell smoke. What! Smoke?! Why aren't the smoke detectors going off?! I look around to see the smoke detectors had been disabled. I rush into the kitchen, where I find the source of the smoke.
   It was Arthur. He was standing my the stove, a thick cloud of smoke surrounded him.
   "Um... Arthur?" He suddenly turns around to look at me. "O-oh. Good morning."
   I look over to the stove that was still releasing smoke. "Um... What happened?" He looks around and notices the smoke. "Oh um... I was trying to cook eggs... But then this happened." He picks up the pan and shows it to me.
   Inside the pan is an... Egg? I can't even tell... It was completely  burnt to a crisp. I had no idea anything could be burnt so badly.
   "Oh... Also, why are the smoke detectors disabled?"
   "This... Happens a lot..." He says with a bit of a sad look on his face. I look at the stove and pan. My head began feel weird. I was... Starting to remember something.
"Do you mind if I try?" I asked pointing to the pan he held in his hand. "Sure," he says, scraping the burnt object into the trash and handing me the pan. I pick up an egg and a memory resurfaces.
"Come on, (Y/N)! I'm going to teach you how to cook!" A young version of myself ran into the room where a lady was standing in an apron. I couldn't see her face. That part of the memory was still unavailable to me. "Okay mama!" Mama? This lady was my mom?
My mom taught me how to make an omelet let from scratch. She then let me make one mostly on my own. We each took a bite of the meals we had prepared. "Can I try some of yours?" I asked. She slid the plate over to me and I tried a small bite.
"No fair! Yours is way better than mine!" I said, my cheeks puffed up. She giggled and pat my head. "One day you'll be better than me as long as you practice." I cheerily smiled. "Okay! When that happens I'll make omlets for all of us!"
The memory fades. I want to know more, but my mind won't allow it. A hand was suddenly waves in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.
"Hullo? Are you okay?" I must have zoned out for longer than I thought. I didn't learn much from that memory, but I did learn at least two things.
"(Y/N)," I say. "What?" Arthur asks, confused. "(Y/N)," I repeat, "That's my name... (Y/N)..."
Arthur looks at me, his eyes widened and his large eyebrows raised. "Y-you remember something? About yourself?" I nod, and Arthur smiles. "That's wonderful! (Y/N)... That's a nice name." I smile shyly at his compliment.
"Now," I say turning on the stove, "How about I make us all an omelet?"
I begin making three omelets as Arthur watches in amazement. A voice calls out, "Hey! What's that smell? I know it's definately not your cooking, Arthur!" Arthur huffs in frustration. "Quiet you stupid git!"
Alfred enters the kitchen. He notices me and says, "Woah! Dudette, you can cook?" I look back at him, smile, and nod. "I also remembered my name."
He looks at me, his eyes shining. "Really?!? What is it?"
"(Y/N)."
"(Y/N)... It suits you. I like it!" He grins widely and comes over to the stove where Arthur and I are standing. "Whatcha cooking?" He asks, leaning over my shoulder.
"Omelets."
"They look really good. Did you remember how to make them when you remembered your name?" I nod. "My head started to feel weird when I looked at the pan and eggs. When I picked up the egg I remembered a time when my... Mother taught me how to make omelets."
    Both of the boys look at me, concern showing in their faces. "Your mum?" Arthur asks. I nod.
   "I don't remember anything about her. I don't remember what she looked like... I remember her voice though... Calm... caring..."  I shake my head. "Let's not dwell on it." I smile and move on from the topic. "Now go sit down, the omlets are almost ready. I'll bring them to you."
~~~Arthur's POV~~~
   Alfred and I leave (Y/N) so she can finish cooking and sit in the lounge. "At least she's beginning to remember some things," I say. "Yeah! See! Yesterday you were mad at me for bringing a random girl here, but she's great! As always, the Hero's judgement is perferct!" He begins to laugh obnoxiously.
   "She is really nice... And rather pretty..."
   "Yeah dude, gotta agree with you there."
   "It'll be nice to have her around."
   "What happens when she gets her memories back..." I look over at Alfred, for once he looks kind of serious. "Will she leave and go back with her family?"
   "That will be her choice to make."
   "But I don't want (Y/N) to leave," he whines, "Can't she just stay with us?"
   "We don't have the right to force her to stay with us, Am-... Alfred."
   "Can't we at least do something fun while we're all here?"
   I think for a moment. Something fun... Hmm...
   "How about we all stay in the private hotel next to the meeting hall?"
   "Yeah! That'll be fun!" Alfred exclaims as he fist pumps excitedly.
   "Okay, here you go!" (Y/N) walks into the room and cheerily hands us each a plate with an omelet. She sits on the couch adjacent to the one Alfred and I are on. We each take a bite.
   "So... How does it taste?" She asks with anticipation.
   "It's delicious! Thank you, love," I say while smiling.
   "Wow!" Alfred says. His voice is muffled. He had shoved the entire omelet into his mouth at once. What an idiot. He continues, his mouth still full, "This is AMAZING!! It's better than any omelet I've ever tasted before." She smiles at the compliment. That was certainly nice of him. "Not to mention wayyyyyyy better than anything Arthur's ever made." I take back everything I thought about him.
   "You stupid git!" I attempt to tackle him, but it phases him in no way whatsoever. He just continues laughing like an idiot.
   We stop when we hear laughter. We look up and see (Y/N) trying to stifle her laughter as best as she can. "I'm sorry," she says while still giggling, "It's just funny when you two fight."
   She eventually stops laughing. "You guys are fun to be around," she says as she smiles at us. We return the smile. I look down at my watch and notice the time.
   "Oh dear! We have to go soon. (Y/N) I should have some clothes you can borrow. Come on we've got to hurry. You too, Alfred."
   Alfred lets out an exaggerated groan and goes off to change. (Y/N) giggles. I give her the clothes and show her to a room where she can change. I go off to my room, a smile on my face. It seems this meeting may be more fun then I thought it would be.