Chapter 1: My Mind Is Blank

I wake up in an allyway. Where am I? It is night and I see the light of the street lamps coming from the end of the ally. I stand drowsily and walk towards the road. Where am I?... Who am I? I look down at myself, suddenly coming to the realization that I have no idea who I am.
   In fact... I don't know anything about myself or where I am. I stumble out of the allyway and sit on a bench under the light. I look around. It is strangely silent. No one is around. No cars. No people. Which is strange, because the area seems like it would be a bustling place.
Actually... What time is it. I start looking around to find some time telling device. As I turn to one side, I feel something in my pocket. I reach for the strange object and pull out a phone. I turn it on and see the time is 12:40. It's pretty late, but I would think there would be at least one person in a place like this.
I attempt to unlock what I suppose is my phone. Dang it, it has a password. I can't remember anything, not even my own name, much less the password to my phone. I was hoping I would be able to find out a bit more about myself if I could look through my phone, but I guess not.
I feel really tired. I might just have to fall asleep on this bench. Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder. As a first reaction, I quickly jump up and face the person who had somehow managed to approach me without making any sort of noise.
"Woah! Chill, Dudette!" I look at the man standing in front of me. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, glasses, and seems to have an American accent.
   "S-sorry you just scarred me for a second. I didn't even hear you walk over to me," I say, but I do not let my guard down. You never know what people could be like.
   The man smiles. "It's no problem. I was just wondering why you were out here so late at night."
   I shake my head. "I have no idea. I just woke up in that ally over there. I have no idea how I got here."
   He looks at me, he seems a bit worried. "Well... What's your name?" I attempt to stall. "What's your name?"
   "I asked you first."
   "I won't tell unless you do."
   He shrugs and gives in. "I'm A-..." He pauses for a second, "My name is Alfred. Alfred Jones." He extends his hand and I take it, shaking it firmly. "Now, what's your name?"
   I sigh. "I... Actually don't remember. I don't  remember anything..." His eyes widen. "Oh, dude! Do you have like... Uh... What's it called... Am-nausea or something?"
   "Amnesia," I correct him, "And yes, I think so..."
   "Do you need any help, dudette?"
   I look at him curiously. "You're offering to help someone you just randomly met off the street?"
He stares at me for a moment. "You seem like the type of person who wouldn't lie. So, yeah I'll help you! The Hero is always there to help those in need!" He laughs obnoxiously, and I'm kind of scared he's going to wake up the whole street.
"Thank you, Alfred, that's really nice of you," I say with a smile. "No problem, dudette! Now, come on!" He starts walking away and I follow him.
"Hey," he says, "I hope you don't mind, but, I'm staying with a friend. We have a... Erm... Business Meeting tomorrow and it's a long way away from my place, so he let my stay at his place for a while."
I nodd my head. "It's fine with me, but do you know if me staying at his house will be okay with him or not?" Alfred waves his hand. "I'm sure he'll be fine with it."
   I am suddenly overwhelmed by drowsiness. I nearly fall to the ground, but Alfred catches me. "Woah! You okay there dudette?"
   My eyes start to droop. "I... I'm just really *yawn* tired..." I can barely keep myself standing. "I... I don't think I can keep walking... I have no idea why I'm so tired..."
   Suddenly, Alfred picks me up bridal style and begins walking. "It's fine! The Hero will carry you! You can sleep if you need to."
   I mutter a thanks and my eyes close. Against my own will, I fall asleep.
   ~~~ Alfred's POV~~~
   I carried the girl back the house. The lights are still on, so he must still be up. I manage to open the door without dropping her.
   I shout as I walk in the house. "Yo! E-... Arthur! I'm back! I picked up something on the way back!" I set the sleeping girl down on the couch.
   Arthur comes out from the kitchen. He starts, "Ame-" I quickly jump over to him and cover his mouth with my hand before he can say anymore. He rips my hand from his face. "You git! What the hell are you doing?!"
   "We need to call each other by our names." He looks at me confused. "Huh? Why?"
   I lead him the living room and show him the girl sleeping on the couch. He looks at her and then back at me. "Please... Tell me you know this girl..."
   I shake my head. "She needed help so I decided to help her, like the Hero I am!"
   "Do you at least know her name?"
   "Nope!"
   He lets out a frustrated sigh.
   "But neither does she!"
He shakes his head, then he is hit my realization of what i said. "Wait... What do you mean neither does she?"
I tap my head. "She doesn't remember anything. She has uh... What's it called... Not am-nausea... Amnesia that's it!" I say triumphantly, remembering what the girl had said earlier.
   The girl stirs slightly when I yell. "Woops..." I say quieter.
   "So... She doesn't remember anything? Not even her own name?"
   I shake my head. "That's why I wanted to help her."
   "You realize she could be lying..."
   "She doesn't seem like the type of person who would lie. She seems very nice and trustworthy. "
   He lets out a huff. "Fine. I'll help her, too."
   "Yay!" I jump and give Arthur a hug. "Get off me you git!" He pushes me away.
   ~~~Your POV~~~
   I wake up when I hear people arguing. "Get off me you git!" I hear a man with a British accent yell. A loud laugh follows, I can tell that's Alfred. I sit up on the couch I had been set on. Alfred and who I'm supposing is his friend look at me.
   "Hey, dudette! You're awake! This is my friend I was telling you about!" Alfred exclaims.
   The other man extends his hand toward me. "Hullo, love. My name is Arthur Kirkland. It's a pleasure to meet you," he says in a British accent.
   I look at him. He has blonde hair, green eyes, and large eyebrows. Wow, his eyebrows are huge...
   I shake his hand. "It's nice to meet you too, Arthur. I would tell you my name, but..." He cuts me off. "But you can't remember?" I nod. "Alfred has told me about your situation. I have also agreed to help you."
   I smile. "Thank you. Thank both of you." I finally decide to ask the question that's been on my mind since I've woken up.
   "By the way, where am I?"
   They both look at me. "You're in London," Arthur says.
   "Oh... Okay... I just wanted to know."
   "Hey, dudette!" Alfred says, "You might wanna get some sleep. We're gonna be leaving early tomorrow and it wouldn't be very of nice of us to just leave you here. So, you're gonna come with us."
   Arthur looks over at Alfred with a bit of an unsure look, but Alfred just ignores him. "Is that fine with you?"
   I nod. They both say good night and leave the room. I fall asleep, still wondering about myself.